Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S web access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i've had a problem logging into any website that requires a password. perhaps this password/login submit function is disabled in the browser, so the page just doesn't load... anyone?

No, I don't think that's a problem.. i can login into my google account without an issue... its likely the sites you are logging into are not supported, like icloud

So knowing Apple I was skeptical that they supported Tesla's development of a browser. I played around with a few Linux variants this morning and the "rekonq" browser that installs by default with Kubuntu also reports that it is Apple Safari. This is consistent with other threads indicating that Tesla based most everything on KDE. My guess is that Telsa is running rekonq or a slightly customized version of it.

When I try to go to iCloud on rekonq, I also get a page reporting that "Your browser is not supported." So Apple didn't have anything to do with this. Tesla and Apple just happen to both be using code based on Webkit and Tesla just happened to use a browser that reports it's Safari, but doesn't look enough like Safari to fool iCloud.

the blind-side detection system was very important to me because I have had 4 retinia detachments and my peripheral vision in my right eye is reduced (relative to the peripheral vision in my left eye), and thus, I would like any feature (blind-side detection, collision avoidance systems, etc), that could reduce the chance of an accident. The reps stated that the blind-side detecion system would be included in the car, and that they were working on a collision avoidance system. Fast forward several years to the test drives in DC, and I learned that these systems were not being included in the initial release. However, the people at the test drive event (who told me they were from the head office) told me that the power folding mirrors and blind-side detection system would be available in early 2013. As a result, I canceled the Signature reservation (as I could not defer it) and deferred the Production reservation to March, 2013 to see whether these systems get added to the car.
Not sure if you ever saw the MobileEye work-around install by Al & Ed's: West Hollywood
Here is a link to the TMC Post: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...talled-on-my-S?p=194119&viewfull=1#post194119

Last edited by a moderator:
While IE thinks the server certificate looks fine, Rekonq says that issuer's root certificate "is not trusted for this purpose." Other browser's seem to think it's fine. Looking a little more closely, the Verisign Root certificate issued to your site doesn't list "Certificate Signing" in the Certificate Key Usage field. Apparently most browsers don't check for this, but Rekonq does.

I would ask Verisign to issue a new site certificate based on a root certificate that lists "Certificate Signing" in the Certificate Key Usage filed. They should provide this for free since it's part of the standard. It's really a little shocking that Verisign didn't strictly follow the rules to begin with.

I can't log in to my company's Outlook server -- or, more exactly, the page where I would log in (https://outlook.crai.com) refuses to load. I've never had this issue with any other browser or computer. Any ideas?

that's been my issue, my server at home has a godaddy cert, works fine everywhere i've ever tried all over the world.. but not in the model s. think they have some tweaking to do.

These all look like programs that must be installed. If we could install software on the Model S, then we could just install any browser we want. Of course there would also instantly be car malware too...

I just wanted suggest a kind of browser you run in a cloud or on a website on internet. to use more capabilities then now available!

I am not a computerexpert! just guessing

When I attempt to access email via hotmail.com on the MS, I get a screen which indicates that I need to update my browser to a more recent version. Is there a way to update the browser by downloading more recent versions of Explorer or Safari, or can this only be done via a firmware update?

Is there a way to update the browser by downloading more recent versions of Explorer or Safari, or can this only be done via a firmware update?
I'm pretty sure only Tesla can update the browser code via firmware updates. And man, does it need an update! The browser is really frustrating and missing things we've come to consider normal on iOS or Android. I think it's practically useless personally, especially with no cookie support after the car shuts off, but also just because of the lags, lack of easy cursor positioning, no copy/paste, autocorrect, and weird situations where the cursor is blinking on a text box but the keyboard control doesn't pop up. I hope they bring it up to date pretty soon...

I'm pretty sure only Tesla can update the browser code via firmware updates. And man, does it need an update! The browser is really frustrating and missing things we've come to consider normal on iOS or Android. I think it's practically useless personally, especially with no cookie support after the car shuts off, but also just because of the lags, lack of easy cursor positioning, no copy/paste, autocorrect, and weird situations where the cursor is blinking on a text box but the keyboard control doesn't pop up. I hope they bring it up to date pretty soon...

I heard pretty good rumors from a very good source that eventually Model S will get the Google Chrome browser. Don't forget Larry Page owns a Model S...