Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - wi-fi initializing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to get over my recent post about the door damage. Trying not to think about it :). Oh well..

So, have been parking the car in the garage for the past couple of weeks and realized today that it hasn't been connecting to my home wifi. I do remember setting it up as soon as I brought it home...

IMG_0404 — Postimage.org

Do you know what could be causing it? Have Verizon FIOS internet at home and the signal isn't great in the garage but my phone can connect to the wifi (single bar). I was hoping Tesla would at least say that the SSID is not in range or something rather than just keeping it spinning (image above)

Thank you.

Well, yes, you'd need the message in your photo cleared. You could probably do that by rebooting, and/or by turning off Wifi, and then turning it back on. You may have to temporarily delete the profile for your home connection, just to get things cleared.

Having the same problem with mine. I took delivery a week ago and the WiFi connect fine. It even downloaded last weeks update. But as of yesterday (after the update) the WiFi always says ‘initializing’. It can’t get past that screen to access any of the WiFi functions.

I tried both rebooting the screen (both steering wheel buttons) and turning the WiFi off/on.