Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X deliveries with Intel-based MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please post a screenshot of What's my user agent? on the MS MCU
that is non clickable: www dot whatsmyua dot info

In my case (on my desktop) this shows:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0

"x64" is indicative of the architecture here. It should say x64 on an M3 and armv7 on a current MS/MX.

Can someone with a model 3 post this as well? looking at you @MarkS22 ?

I had a friend check a couple new Model S cars last night. VINs were 242xxx. Each had less than 7 miles on the odometer. One had 2018.6.1 and the other had 2018.10. Both had the lighted vanity mirror but neither appeared to have a new MCU as they were the same speed as previous Model S screens. So no new MCU just yet, at least not in those cars.

I think any vin around 2462XX and after are getting the new updates. My car was in production 11 days so I guess the change happened around that time. Below are my deets:
Ordered: 1/31/18
Confirmed: 2/4/18
Vin: 2/4/18
Production: 2/26/18
Finished Production : 3/10/18

Been sitting at the hub since :(

So to recap, 8 pages in: This thread started out strong and very convincing there was indeed a new MCU, but it's now starting to look like this was a false alarm unfortunately... We need someone who thinks they are noticing a faster experience to run one of the two links mentioned on page 1. Also it sounded like someone would know whether or not it was new based on the connectors which were shown midway down page 3. Hopefully something is confirmed this week otherwise I will do it next week when I take possession of my S75D that finished production 3/13. For now the suspense continues.

Try this SunSpider 0.9.1 JavaScript Benchmark (webkit.org/perf/sunspider-0.9.1/sunspider-0.9.1/driver.html)
You might have to run it twice.
Lower scores are better.
The author here got 3000 or so on the old MCU in 2014. But I get 4500 (or 5000 while also streaming audio).

If the above doesn't load, see if www.speed-battle.com/speedtest_e.php will load in your car browser window.

On a midrange workstation I get this from Chrome on my first try...

I had a friend check a couple new Model S cars last night. VINs were 242xxx. Each had less than 7 miles on the odometer. One had 2018.6.1 and the other had 2018.10. Both had the lighted vanity mirror but neither appeared to have a new MCU as they were the same speed as previous Model S screens. So no new MCU just yet, at least not in those cars.
Looks like 244xxx were Feb productions, so 242xxx could very likely be earlier than that.

Well based on the observations in the loaner I had (244xxx) and comparing it to my wife's Model X, I can say with near certainty this car doesn't have the updated MCU.

At this point I'm still waiting to hear from people that have deliveries in the near future, perhaps in the 246xxx and up range, and see if they have it.

I think any vin around 2462XX and after are getting the new updates. My car was in production 11 days so I guess the change happened around that time. Below are my deets:
Ordered: 1/31/18
Confirmed: 2/4/18
Vin: 2/4/18
Production: 2/26/18
Finished Production : 3/10/18

Been sitting at the hub since :(

VIN might not be all it's cracked up to be in terms of production timeline. Close, but not an exact science. you've got a later VIN, but started production before me. I ordered 1/26, viN shortly after, started production 2/28, done 3/5.

• Informative
Reactions: ikjadoon
Unfortunately our delivery is delayed because they found a dent during final inspection that they want to fix. Due to travel I won’t be picking the car up for at least another week, so won’t be doing any testing any time soon.

4ae71prs8rl01.jpg

from reddit:New MS with possible new MCU • r/teslamotors