Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X deliveries with Intel-based MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Full image
82AD6C7F-F8CB-4F1C-9188-B9004CC1F36E.jpeg

View attachment 287943 Awesome! Picked up my Blue MS and it has the new MCU! EAP was accidentally on it so decided to put it in payments and keep it. Did I make the right decision? Cheaper than adding it later. Does it drive service roads. Or just highways? Does it park slanted spots? Decision made without much knowledge,

FYI. East coast new MCU

You probably want to start a new thread about EAP. Officially Autosteer is only meant to be used on restricted access highways but Tesla does not restrict you based off that. Autosteer is offered ANYWHERE that the car can detect a driving path. It's up to your discretion where you use it and how cautiously you supervise it.

Parking right now is purely based off what the parking sensors can read. Parallel parking is great, but perpendicular parking is hit or miss (sometimes it takes absurdly long to do a simple parking job).

The nice thing about EAP though is that it will continue to get better with future software updates. I think you made the right choice! EAP (and Autopilot features in general) are a big thing that makes Teslas unique.

View attachment 287943 Awesome! Picked up my Blue MS and it has the new MCU! EAP was accidentally on it so decided to put it in payments and keep it. Did I make the right decision? Cheaper than adding it later. Does it drive service roads. Or just highways? Does it park slanted spots? Decision made without much knowledge,

FYI. East coast new MCU
When did you place your order?

since devicePixelRatio is also 1, it's not a HiDPI screen either. It actually is 1920x1080 raw

I don't understand this part - because this would mean the aspect-ratio of the display has changed from 16:10 to 16:9 - but the screen sizes are the same, right? If they changed they'd have to redesign the entire center-console assembly to account for a narrower screen. Does anyone have a measuring tape to make sure?

Or is it different depending on if it's a Model X or Model S? (i.e. do all X cars have a 16:9 dislpay and all S cars have a 16:10?)

I've updated the MCU info page again: https://jsfiddle.net/qja8wjxc/58/show

Now it includes both the "old" and new Intel MCU user-agent strings and dumps more information from the JavaScript window object, including viewport information. I'd appreciate it if someone with a Model S and Model X with the old MCU could post - I want to know more about the reported 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 screen size difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vedettes