Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model S/X minor refresh coming soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone chime in on this.
Is the rear camber issue being discussed above regarding the premature wearing of the rear tires when driving in low height mode?
If yes, from what I've read on some threads, it can be eliminated by making sure the rears are at least 42 to 45 psi + and avoid driving in low height mode since the camber that the vehicle is set at is when driving under normal height.

What is the half shaft vibration issue? Is this felt at certain speeds? Can I create this vibration, if yes, by doing what?

Can someone chime in on this.
Is the rear camber issue being discussed above regarding the premature wearing of the rear tires when driving in low height mode?
If yes, from what I've read on some threads, it can be eliminated by making sure the rears are at least 42 to 45 psi + and avoid driving in low height mode since the camber that the vehicle is set at is when driving under normal height.

What is the half shaft vibration issue? Is this felt at certain speeds? Can I create this vibration, if yes, by doing what?
You cannot fix excess camber with tire pressure to any reasonable degree, you’ll just wear more of your inner or middle tire this way….3PSI will not do much on anything IMO besides maybe feel a little stiffer.

The half-shaft issue is due to poor suspension angles especially on the new X/S where you have no permanent control over the ride height as it defaults back to low at certain speeds.

IMG_9702.jpeg

You cannot fix excess camber with tire pressure to any reasonable degree, you’ll just wear more of your inner or middle tire this way….3PSI will not do much on anything IMO besides maybe feel a little stiffer.

The half-shaft issue is due to poor suspension angles especially on the new X/S where you have no permanent control over the ride height as it defaults back to low at certain speeds.

View attachment 980087

This is why I think it's so important to select very low and to use launch control. This ensures the front drops as low as possible prior to a hard takeoff.

1696872496367.png