Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

does refreshed model S come with ultra sonic sensor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HW3 cars built in 2021-2022 have USS, HW4 lose the USS and get better cameras and radar. I don't think they'll work as well as USS at the front of the car because they still haven't added a fascia camera so there is a large blind spot.

I was hoping that perhaps I was just missing it, but there is no forward camera on the car that you can activate and no overhead view either (my 2013 S6 has an overhead/360 view!). Without the USS I would have likely demolished my front lip on concrete wheel stops by now.

I was hoping that perhaps I was just missing it, but there is no forward camera on the car that you can activate and no overhead view either (my 2013 S6 has an overhead/360 view!). Without the USS I would have likely demolished my front lip on concrete wheel stops by now.
I wouldn't trust the USS on those concrete wheel stops, anyway. USS doesn't see them that well, since they're lower than the sensors.

We took delivery of a 2023 (model year) S last week. It does have USS. But the build date was 12/2022.

Yup, MY23s built in Dec 2022 have USS...the MY23s built in 2023 with the new rear badging do not. USS essential for our garage as it's wide and tall but fairly short fitting the S by only about a foot or so, concrete parking stops as noted above I don't leave to sensors due to the low height.

Yup, MY23s built in Dec 2022 have USS...the MY23s built in 2023 with the new rear badging do not. USS essential for our garage as it's wide and tall but fairly short fitting the S by only about a foot or so, concrete parking stops as noted above I don't leave to sensors due to the low height.
Don't rely on the USS for parking. Get yourself this, - it's fantastic.

That’s part of why we took an inventory car. We have a small garage; parking a car this big in it is tricky enough _with_ USS.

That’s part of why we took an inventory car. We have a small garage; parking a car this big in it is tricky enough _with_ USS.
Thin string from the ceiling of garage with a small fishing weight on the end, cover with a bright colored wire nut. Rigged to touch windshield at top center of Yoke/Wheel

Works for me, and I have a pair of large vehicles that need their space.

Reactions: zoomer0056