Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X minor refresh coming soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this earlier wonder what is in the works? Ugh and id love to have rgb ambient lighting. Sucks cause my S isn't even a month old yet :(

View attachment 951990
This reminds me when I picked up my Feb 2022 MSLR. Everyone holding off orders or just missing the boat for matrix lights, STEAM, swivel screen. People crying and screaming lawsuit. I missed out, but I am used to Tesla continually rolling out new stuff. But ... my yoke is pealing now and the new material won't come out until November. So I also am waiting. The Tesla world is a new world. TMC plays a crucial part as we pass on such info to each other.

Do it! I just did after 5+ years of Model 3 life.

So many changes in even the 3 since my first one in 2018 and my current 2019, but was blown away by the current X offered at this price and incentives.

You'll never have the latest Tesla for even 6-months no matter how long you wait.

HUGE improvements from the last generation, been sharing this link around that's very detailed and updated often...last time was just last week.

Most recent for the X was HW4, Matrix Headlights and the larger rear screen with edge to edge design.

If I get anything "extra" by the time my order comes in great, if not I'll be more than happy with this significant upgrade from an "old" 2019 3.
I’ve never owned a Tesla before, I’m coming off of a bmw x5 so this will be a first time for me! I am hoping tho that whatever upgrades or adjustments that happen, they will allow it to be retrofitted. I’ve heard of them allowing things like the steering wheel to be retrofitted so hopefully it’s a little future proof

I’ve never owned a Tesla before, I’m coming off of a bmw x5 so this will be a first time for me! I am hoping tho that whatever upgrades or adjustments that happen, they will allow it to be retrofitted. I’ve heard of them allowing things like the steering wheel to be retrofitted so hopefully it’s a little future proof
Very few things can be retrofitted so don't plan on that. The wheel was an option that was easy to swap out and there were aftermarket options that are better than the factory alternative.

WELP...

With this new pricing I have an S and X plaid on order...

The X is for the wife and she really needs a new vehicle now so Ill take that one asap...

The S is for me so Ill think about it and maybe delay the order as much as I can...

I would be extremely surprised if these cars get any cheaper, value per $ can't be touched, in my neck of the woods similarly equipped BMW IXM60 is almost DOUBLE the price and you don't get third row, falcon doors, supercharging and 1,000hps!

Hard to say if Tesla's update will be worth it or not. Who knows, they might de-content to make it cheaper like the 3/Y. I can't think of anything they could do to "freshen" it that would make me part with my Plaid. HW4 has no appeal to me since the dropped USS. I've got all the updates in my 2022 that matter to me.

Tesla has been on a roll with sometimes taking away more than they are giving. While thinking about it right now, the only thing that might tempt me would be much higher energy density in the batteries and an increase in performance (both range and acceleration). Since I added the track pack brakes, took care of the rear camber issue, have no major vibration issues, overall good panel gaps, and no bad rattles, I am not giving up something that really works well for me and is pretty well dialed. I know what the issues can be with my current car and only heaven knows how bad Tesla could screw up the next round.

RGB lights sound like something I have absolutely no interest in. Maybe we'll get more fake leather. They'll take the CF dash out to save more money. Every day I enjoy driving my Plaid like few other cars I've ever owned. I never owned anything this quick and fast that was such an awesome daily driver. I still love the design of the car. It does everything I ask of it and a 3 second blast of the go pedal helps relieve my stress after a hard day at work like few other activities can. The Plaid never has a headache and on the right roads, I don't violate any laws either.
I’m curious. You only went with a Plaid because of the speed, right? I currently have a 2020 Model S Raven, and I’m about to buy a 2024 long range, but I just never understood the trade off of longer range only to gain +1 second with 0-60 with the plaid. What are your thoughts?

I’m curious. You only went with a Plaid because of the speed, right? I currently have a 2020 Model S Raven, and I’m about to buy a 2024 long range, but I just never understood the trade off of longer range only to gain +1 second with 0-60 with the plaid. What are your thoughts?
In that case you should definitely get a Long Range. While the 0-60 doesn’t seem like a large amount I cannot describe how huge the difference is between a car that runs low 11 seconds in the quarter and one that does low 9s. That difference you could feel every day while only very rarely, if ever, needing that extra range. I road trip a ton and do 25k+ miles per year and never feel like I need more than the 300 my MP3 has.

Enjoy your car. I wish I didn’t care about speed, which the LR still has a ton of. :)

I had the LR and I was continuously frustrated by how it never met the claimed times of 3.1, 0-60. The mid-range acceleration was pretty good, and really no complaints there. At the original priced difference of about 40-50k, it wasn't worth the 1 second 0-60 and 1.5 seconds 1/4 mile times improvement for me. That was based on the fact that the MS LR would actually run its claimed times.

At the minimal price difference, it is a no-brainer to go with the Plaid vs LR and run the 19's so almost no range impact if you can afford the difference. The track mode is a nice bonus (really makes a difference if driving the car aggressively). I like the carbon fiber trim and rear spoiler. You get the nicer pedals. Supposedly better brakes but I'd go for the track pack brakes at some point which forces you to 20" wheels. SIgnature thought they could get a set of 19's to fit but who knows.

I one second improvement in the 0-60 time is massive when you are already in the 3's. Going from high 10's to low-mid 9's and going about 20 mph faster at the end of the quarter is huge. I ran my Plaid in sport mode (instead of Plaid) from time to time to remind me of how the MS LR was. When you can compare them back to back, the difference is very obvious. Where I notice it the most is at the launch and over 100 mph.

I have about a 280-300 mile real world range in the Texas heat even on 21's and driving ~75 mph so I am good with the range. I just went with 20's and but with wider tires up front, and it looks like my range is improving but still hard to tell how much better as I've been running the car harder since I put on the better brakes.

See if you can find someone locally to take a ride in a Plaid. Have them run it in Plaid and sport to see the difference. I disliked the softer launch of my MS LR which was barely better than our M3 LR w/boost. That was just sort of the nail in the coffin for me to get rid of it.