Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Yoke Horn Confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They definitely have movement, for several revisions now, whereas the original did not. The feature hasn't been implemented though, which is more important.
It's not implemented because it's not there.

Currently no iteration of the yoke has the capability to activate the horn from the airbag. I was at a Tesla SC this weekend talking about the peeling on mine.

It's not implemented because it's not there.

Currently no iteration of the yoke has the capability to activate the horn from the airbag. I was at a Tesla SC this weekend talking about the peeling on mine.
Which revision do you have? When you press it does it give a mm or so and spring back? My first 2 yokes did not, my third does. Not sure how talking about peeling with a tech reveals the yokes aren’t physically capable vs it being a software limitation. How would a tech know?

Which revision do you have? When you press it does it give a mm or so and spring back? My first 2 yokes did not, my third does. Not sure how talking about peeling with a tech reveals the yokes aren’t physically capable vs it being a software limitation. How would a tech know?
He showed me the newest version, which still peels and told me again I have to wait until the November newest version (which he said is supposed to be completely redesigned to prevent peeling, which is actually melting).

There's no button to activate the horn in them, but yes...they feel like they press more. He said they've done hundreds of yoke replacements due to peeling and 0 have any way to trigger a horn from the airbag, he said the airbag and internals are all the same...then he showed me.

Edit: He showed me F vs E.

He showed me the newest version, which still peels and told me again I have to wait until the November newest version (which he said is supposed to be completely redesigned to prevent peeling, which is actually melting).

There's no button to activate the horn in them, but yes...they feel like they press more. He said they've done hundreds of yoke replacements due to peeling and 0 have any way to trigger a horn from the airbag, he said the airbag and internals are all the same...then he showed me.

Did he put a scope on every pin of the control panel connector and verify no changes in the flow of 1’s and 0’s?

Reactions: TSLA Pilot

With respect to the “peeling yoke revision”, every month they have been saying it will be out in July, then August, then September, then October…

Total BS. They are just trying to string people along to reduce the number of rightfully claimed warranty repairs. I don’t care if they have to replace my yoke 10 times while they develop a revision.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
With respect to the “peeling yoke revision”, every month they have been saying it will be out in July, then August, then September, then October…

Total BS. They are just trying to string people along to reduce the number of rightfully claimed warranty repairs. I don’t care if they have to replace my yoke 10 times while they develop a revision.

There is a new version coming.

Reactions: zoomer0056

Do you still have a yoke? Service will let you exchange a worn yoke for a round wheel.