Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S60 new UK purchase nearly ready

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Very close to pushing the button on MS60 but very basic level spec and consider the options later. My P/Ex will cover the 30% deposit and the monthly PCP payments are £324 per month for 24months using online calculator on the Tesla site.

It is the smooth drivetrain that is selling it along with the EV credentials.

I think I have covered everything and in the recent test drive I was told a Model X if ordered today would arrive in June 2017 so I may swap out of the MS60 into MX60 later on.

Just wondering how those who have taken the plunge can add their new ownership experience stories. Range on average (325 wh/m = 185 miles range for example which appears a good average on a 60KwH battery, 225 wh/m = 266 miles which seems rare) , drivetrain, Supercharger use, savings if any and so forth. There are already some good posts here just seeing those who have had a longer ownership could add anything more?

Also costs. Basic MS60 is £53,400, but wasn't it £49,500 or close to it just recently, has the brexit £ v $ dip caused a shift in pricing?

2nd test drive booked this week with partner to hopefully seal the deal family wise :)

325 wh/m = 185 miles range for example which appears a good average on a 60KwH battery,

Is the full 60KwH available then? I thought Tesla published "battery sizes" in line with all other manufacturers, which includes the Brick/Reserved capacity, and thus somewhat less actually available.

Wet / Snow / windy weather can increase power consumption, but 325wh/m seems quite generous so should cover for "normal" bad weather.

Supercharger use

Patchy in the UK, so depends where you live if you are likely to have a SC available in all the directions you are normally likely to head off, long distance. How many days a month/year do you drive more than 185 miles?

savings if an

Man maths at work:

25,000 miles a year, 30 MPG Fossil car, £4,000 p.a. on fuel
25,000 miles a year, 50 MPG Fossil car, £2,500 p.a. on fuel (but I don't think a 50 MPH eco-small-car is comparable with a Model S, but it might be what some new MS owners are moving up from)

Assuming only charged off-peak (and without any charging at supercharger / work / etc) then about £ 500 for Electricity - provided you have the UK's cheapest off-peak provider [6.5p/kWh] :) So probably a bit more than that, less any charging away from home. 500-quid-a-year for 25,000 miles driven seems like cheap-as-chips to me (assuming I've got my maths right). Servicing probably similar cost to ICE, except that (for high mileage drivers) you could opt to service only once-a-year - which has a convenience factor, if nothing else.

I ordered mine on a long lead time, Tesla held the original price despite two price rises in between, and they threw in some upgrades that they made to the model during that time, so for anyone who doesn't need it "tomorrow" that might be a benefit - if history repeats itself

Now might be a new S75D, as a cancelled previous order, so with a discount. So a jump from a very basic 60 AWD with zero options to a 75D AWD with 4 options (roof, PUP, Red paint, back next gen seats)
This may/should arrive by the end of this month.