Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2nd Row Center Console Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is an interesting opportunity here for a creative aftermarket design. I would advocate a removable console that provides comfortable armrests and cup holders, but that folds down for ease of access to the back row. It could remain open underneath with just limited storage (no need for drawers). It would need to be of high quality and made of solid materials for us to have any interest. I investigated the options sold on Amazon for minivans, which all seemed to be flimsy plastic crap.

has anyone came up with some idea of 2nd row "console" with armrest that is removable and (!) is a cooler also? :) it would be nice to have such thing... I would prefer something removable so to keep the gap between seats when needed... maybe Velcro would be enough to keep in place on carpet :)

has anyone came up with some idea of 2nd row "console" with armrest that is removable and (!) is a cooler also? :) it would be nice to have such thing... I would prefer something removable so to keep the gap between seats when needed... maybe Velcro would be enough to keep in place on carpet :)

Make this available for 7-seat cars so that the power from the chair can be used for a cooler and USB ports! :D

I like how it looks but it makes the third row passenger really cramped. there is no pass thru in the center. Anyone but a child would feel really cramped in the third row. I like having the gap in the second row. It's good to have more options to add the center console though but I would stick with what I have already.
adding a fold down center console to seven seaters is a better idea than this. I opted 6 seaters because I want that open space. Also, I think it will be great if they would add armrest to 6 seaters like what most of mini van did.

adding a fold down center console to seven seaters is a better idea than this. I opted 6 seaters because I want that open space. Also, I think it will be great if they would add armrest to 6 seaters like what most of mini van did.

i actually sent EVANNEX an email about this to see if they could make something for this middle seat like they make for the Model S...haven't heard anything back, so hopefully something is in the works already!?

Anyone take delivery of one of these? Want to see pics.
We took delivery of a 6 seater with console in white interior last month. Any particular angle you're interested in? Will try to take some photos over the weekend.
20170721_180913.jpg

Reactions: K-MTG
I ordered one - should be delivered before the end of the month. And, I drove one today with it...pretty smart and very convenient for the 2nd row passengers. Although, there is nothing "hard wired" whatsoever in it; no HVAC or USB ports. The storage is decent and Ive already talked to a local shop that will add 2 USB ports to it when I drop it off for all of the other things Im doing.

In speaking with the SC they did think that given the demand feedback that they are hearing it might soon be a retro part (given the lack of hard wire). It will require a new floor mat and the verdict is out on whether the carpet needs to be switched (although any aftermarket wouldn't require such a deep surgery).

I will say that I had a look at the inventory that they are building - the SC gave me access to their internal car search program - I kept the net only as wide as all of California. In selecting the 2nd row armrest option there were all of 2 cars that were non-P with this option. It looks like they are including it in a lot of the PX new inventory builds, but decided to avoid putting it in the regular 100Ds (I didn't search 75D). This option along with 22" wheels in the non-performance builds seem to be something they don't have demand for (or haven't anticipated it).

Had a loaner last week with console. Definitely try both if your are considering ordering a 6 seater with or without I'd say. I thought I'd love it, but then I noticed it really closed off the roominess of the 6. That ability to go between seats is awesome and even though it has leg room under, it isn't the same. It negates use/value of the rear 2 seats a lot IMHO.

I'd rather any future X 6 seater to have 1) a bit wider 2nd row seats, like 1-2 inches, and 2) arm rests that go up/down, like a Lexus RX for example...

Reactions: Peteybabes
When our 6 seater + console Model X was in for repairs on delivery, they loaned us a standard 6 seater model X which we had for a couple weeks. Now that we had about equal time with both setups, it's hard to say which one is better. We have two small kids and initially not having the 2nd row console was convenient. When we had some relatives visiting and occupying the 2nd row seats, the kids could just dart in through the isle to the 3rd row seat without having to wait for the 2nd row seats to move up. Wife found it handy having all that floor space when we did a ~400 mile road trip. Now that we have our 2nd row console model X back, the kids do like having that storage space, arm resting area and especially the drink holders. Personally I like the look of the console and didn't find the 3rd row seats too cramp, but you do lose out on the ability to fully stretch your legs in the 3rd row. I was disappointed that the storage space inside the console is quite limited but that's due to the design, the drink holders in front, and need to taper it in the back to make for more 3rd row leg space. Like someone mentioned earlier, if they had made the 2nd row seats slightly wider (moved more to center) and added captain seat style folding arm rests, that would have been the ideal setup.

Reactions: GasNah