TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X 60D Range Experience

Discussion in 'Model X' started by pluginx007, Sep 26, 2016.

1. pluginx007

pluginx007 MXCar :)

What is the real expected range of a 60D. Mine seems to only go 100-110 miles per charge! I was hoping for at least 170 miles.

2. mike2016

mike2016 Member

You probably just picked up your Model X? Go easy on the gas and you will get pretty close to the rated range.

In the first few days( just got mine 2 weeks ago) of driving, I got excited and accel pretty hard, my daily commute is about 15 miles round trip, but it would exhaust about 50 miles rated range by the time I'm home.

3. ethank

ethank Member

I've gotten about 87-90% efficiency, especially highway driving with auto-pilot. So pretty close to 200 per.

4. hill

hill Member

When below 10% SOC, what's your time to 100% charge?

5. travwill

travwill Member

Any X it seems will get about 20% less than advertised RR in normal driving. That is about what I'm seeing 4000K miles later. On faster road trips it is that and less even, like 25%.

When the weather gets cold you'll notice the biggest drop if you are in a cold climate, another 30%+ even. Looks like you are in LA though so that shouldn't be an issue, making the MX60 ok for now for ya.

In time, if range is an issue you could consider the upgrade to the full 75 of battery pack - you are technically just carrying around that extra cell weight unused for right now thus efficiency is lowered more.

6. idleuser

idleuser Member

What is your Wh/mile ? That will give you a better idea of how your driving habits is.

• Like x 1
  7. ethank

ethank Member

On my commute to work I see 250-330 Wh/mile. That's using auto-pilot for the most part. 22 mile commute all freeway.

8. spkonda

spkonda DriveTheFuture

After 1 week and 750 miles mine is holding up pretty good. I drive 100 miles for work everyday and mostly autopilot. I see that the with autopilot I am getting around 300 -315 wh/m and without autopilot it's around 350-360 wh/mile. Outside temperature and winds eats up charge little bit more.

9. number12

number12 Member

Hope you are wrong Bc I am picking up my 60d x from sc over 160 miles away and driving back alone. No chargers in between. Ds said I would be fine. It hard to think I'll take it that easy first day with car playing with stuff before leaving

10. spkonda

spkonda DriveTheFuture

Make sure u charge 100% and climate above 70.. u can make it but might be very close.

11. Hendry01

Hendry01 Member

@number12. Make sure you maintain speed at around 65mph

12. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

No chargers? Have you tried plugshare? Some owners list their HPWC on there. Buy a CHAdeMO cable to extend your options. Even 6.6KW L2 can add about 18 miles per charging hour.

13. pluginx007

pluginx007 MXCar :)

Yes, I just picked mine up 4 days ago. My car came full with est. 170 miles of range. I have a feeling with my 1st charge I only got 100 miles of range out of it. I agree with you, I think that because it was the few 1st days I was driving it a little crazy.

14. Irwin

Irwin Pegasus

Let us know how it goes. I'm picking mine up tomorrow. I'd be disappointed if I can't get 160 miles on a full charge.

15. Skryll

Skryll Member

Wait with the going crazy until you brought it home and recharged it. Do you have a home charger in your garage? Also consider adding solar to your home to eliminate most electrical cost.

16. figers

figers X60D Owner

I get mine in Nov and plan on taking it skiing... I hope it gets close to 200 in nice weather

17. ethank

ethank Member

I'm at 33% right now, 120 miles driven. I've gotten more comfortable with the range so do two days of normal commuting between charges.

18. number12

number12 Member

I drove 150 miles today and had 45 left pulling up to super charger.

70-75 on hwy for 2 hours. AP almost the entire way and ac on. Was very impressed.

Did charge to 100% before leaving SC

• Like x 1