Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 60D Range Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You probably just picked up your Model X? Go easy on the gas and you will get pretty close to the rated range.

In the first few days( just got mine 2 weeks ago) of driving, I got excited and accel pretty hard, my daily commute is about 15 miles round trip, but it would exhaust about 50 miles rated range by the time I'm home.

Any X it seems will get about 20% less than advertised RR in normal driving. That is about what I'm seeing 4000K miles later. On faster road trips it is that and less even, like 25%.

When the weather gets cold you'll notice the biggest drop if you are in a cold climate, another 30%+ even. Looks like you are in LA though so that shouldn't be an issue, making the MX60 ok for now for ya.

In time, if range is an issue you could consider the upgrade to the full 75 of battery pack - you are technically just carrying around that extra cell weight unused for right now thus efficiency is lowered more.

After 1 week and 750 miles mine is holding up pretty good. I drive 100 miles for work everyday and mostly autopilot. I see that the with autopilot I am getting around 300 -315 wh/m and without autopilot it's around 350-360 wh/mile. Outside temperature and winds eats up charge little bit more.

Hope you are wrong Bc I am picking up my 60d x from sc over 160 miles away and driving back alone. No chargers in between. Ds said I would be fine. It hard to think I'll take it that easy first day with car playing with stuff before leaving

Hope you are wrong Bc I am picking up my 60d x from sc over 160 miles away and driving back alone. No chargers in between. Ds said I would be fine. It hard to think I'll take it that easy first day with car playing with stuff before leaving
No chargers? Have you tried plugshare? Some owners list their HPWC on there. Buy a CHAdeMO cable to extend your options. Even 6.6KW L2 can add about 18 miles per charging hour.

You probably just picked up your Model X? Go easy on the gas and you will get pretty close to the rated range.

In the first few days( just got mine 2 weeks ago) of driving, I got excited and accel pretty hard, my daily commute is about 15 miles round trip, but it would exhaust about 50 miles rated range by the time I'm home.

Yes, I just picked mine up 4 days ago. My car came full with est. 170 miles of range. I have a feeling with my 1st charge I only got 100 miles of range out of it. I agree with you, I think that because it was the few 1st days I was driving it a little crazy.

Let us know how it goes. I'm picking mine up tomorrow. I'd be disappointed if I can't get 160 miles on a full charge.