Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I've got two questions.

What's the range for a new 2020 Raven model X performance (odometer shows 0, so when it's new)? I wanna buy a used one and it shows 276 miles at 100%, I wanna compare it, to see the degradation.

My second question: nowadays I can't switch between rated or typical range display, what does is show now? Rated or typical?

Hi all, I've got two questions.

What's the range for a new 2020 Raven model X performance (odometer shows 0, so when it's new)? I wanna buy a used one and it shows 276 miles at 100%, I wanna compare it, to see the degradation.

My second question: nowadays I can't switch between rated or typical range display, what does is show now? Rated or typical?
found this on insideevs.com
1685026502852.png

you can also look at inventory cars on Tesla site, they list EPA range, except right now they only got ones with 22in wheels...

i believe there was never a "typical" display, only rated (epa) or ideal (aka fake lol)

found this on insideevs.com
View attachment 940923

you can also look at inventory cars on Tesla site, they list EPA range, except right now they only got ones with 22in wheels...

i believe there was never a "typical" display, only rated (epa) or ideal (aka fake lol)
There are three values. Estimated, Rated, and Ideal. Estimated is based upon your actual driving. I don't think Estimated is exposed anywhere in the Tesla app. Estimated IS visible in the "Tesla Remote" app. My "Estimated" number is often higher than my "Rated" value. But I don't care, since I display battery as a percent charged.

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
There are three values. Estimated, Rated, and Ideal. Estimated is based upon your actual driving. I don't think Estimated is exposed anywhere in the Tesla app. Estimated IS visible in the "Tesla Remote" app. My "Estimated" number is often higher than my "Rated" value. But I don't care, since I display battery as a percent charged.
Does it actually show Estimated number by the battery icon?
I know there's estimate based on ur driving in the Energy app but that doesn't show up by the battery icon...

2016.9 90D
Temps around 60-75F
77kmi lifetime is 399 Wh/mi (before i started driving)
Did alignment first day driving.
Drove around few days on 22s with AC on, chill mode ~380 Wh/mi
Put 20s on, drove few days, ~350 Wh/mi
Rated 232 mi.
I'm pretty happy, i think the car is ok.
Realistically i get 2mi/%... so 90-10 puts me at 160mi :(
I have same car and get same range with 20 inch wheels.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
That's what I have been seeing too - that the "rated" is comically way more than reality. Tessie shows me the rated at 222 miles for a 100% charge, 12% degradation (yeah right!) and "real world" of 160 miles for a full charge on the highway.

I now have TSportline 19" wheels and 255/55/19 Michelin Crossclimate2 tires (exact outer diameter as the 20" rims but more sidewall for protection and comfort) and I just got an Ohmmu battery - haven't tried a drive with that yet - b/c when NOT towing anything, I was still seeing over 470-530 wh/mi on flat land and WITH A TAIL WIND at 80mph which is the same as what I was seeing when towing an 800 lb open trailer at 75mph. That's nuts.

I should say that I had a 2018 loaner X a few days ago, and it was ALSO showing me 370 wh/mi on the highway, with 20" factory wheels. I'm a bit disappointed that the lighter Tsportline wheels didn't make more of a difference, the factory wheels are stupidly heavy and fragile.

I was skeptical in the beginning since i started driving late fall but now in warm summer days i can actually beat EPA/rated range.
The key is driving at or below 65mph and gentle acceleration. Yes not practical on many freeways but during commute most of the time i can't go any faster anyways..

This was early morning, no AC, just open window, 20in wheels:
1685224811605.png

1685224872023.png

1685224917659.png

Same conditions, 22in wheels:
1685225027742.png

1685225051879.png

1685225084976.png

This is my best runs to work obviously, my average for last 400mi is still 350Wh/mi with 22in..
I will have to try driving 90-10% with <=65mph and see if it holds up...

Attachments

• 1685224909255.png
    1685224909255.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 72
[Running in Range Mode], have you noticed much difference?
I can't say that I have seen much of any difference, same for keeping it in "chill" mode versus standard.

I'm not saying that there is zero difference, but I'd want to see some actual empirical data or at least a list of what both options were SUPPOSED to change. The AC system in my MS seems to use about 1 KW per hour of use, whether in camping mode or driving. The X on the other hand.... Seems to suck down 2 KW per hour in camping mode, but only about 1 KW on the highway. That usage works out to maybe around 20 wh/mi while running, not really enough to bother with being not comfortable.

Reactions: GasNah
Observed a strange thing today. Started driving at 70% and after 5km battery went down to 68%. Then after driving 8km I noticed battery went back to 70%.
Was driving on flat road full of traffic with AC on.View attachment 942690
I had the opposite happen. I display the trip energy early, while I'm charging and it shows negative % at destination. I like to watch the whole curve move up as super-charging happens. When +20% at destination showed, I left the supercharger but did not refresh the trip, left it going. Then after 5min of driving the +20% became +15% then soon +10%, & +4% witihin 10min. I was on a road that was a little rough out in AZ. So I turned around to really extra charge to be sure.

I now clear trip and re-enter after I'm on the road so the estimator has a moving gage of things. Usually, my estimator and actual stay right on track, unless I slow down a lot or speed. But this trip behavior had me thinking my battery was having signs of trouble. It's been OK since, now at home just doing regular city driving.

Anybody seen this?

My trip estimator has been doing a weird re-calculation every 10 miles or so for the first 50 miles of a longer trip. IT ended up pretty close, only -5% of initial prediction and I was doing 80mph actual the whole time if I could, so it ought to have dropped a bit anyway, but for a minute there it went from 20% to 8% estimated, and ended up arriving at 12%