Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Dashboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The map is only available when you have a destination set and are actively using the navigation system. You can change what's displayed on each screen by holding down the scroll wheel on the respective side of the steering wheel which will bring up a menu of available displays you can scroll between.

I only found this feature out a month after owning my Model S. I ended up leaving the default ones anyway. If only Tesla was still going forward with opening up their API. I would have loved to see custom made dashboard widgets.

The map is only available when you have a destination set and are actively using the navigation system. You can change what's displayed on each screen by holding down the scroll wheel on the respective side of the steering wheel which will bring up a menu of available displays you can scroll between.

hhhm...so if you want a map view to keep track of where you are that’s not possible? That should be changed. I use my map all the time when navigating around town or unknown locations.

hhhm...so if you want a map view to keep track of where you are that’s not possible? That should be changed. I use my map all the time when navigating around town or unknown locations.

You can have the nav map up on the 17" display all the time, even for the whole display. You just can't have the tiny dashboard panel occupied with a map since that's just designed to show a small portion of the nav map to show you your next turn coming up.

Reactions: loganintx
I was at a very crowded Trader Joe's with a very tiny parking lot, and noticed someone was hovering to take the spot I was about to abandon. When I went to hit "Close All", I got a message like "Screen not responding, hold both scroll buttons to reset". So I did, and it seemed like it was taking forever, with someone probably wondering why I wasn't backing out. So I backed out, without access to the backup camera, but it worked out ok. When I got home, though, the only display option I got was tire pressure. Attempting to scroll for additional options just changed the fan speed. After checking here (unsuccessfully) for enlightenment, I went to the car and reset the screen again, this time letting it complete before touching anything. That seemed to do the trick. When I held down the right scroll button, I was able to scroll through display options, including odometer, which I favor. So I guess the moral is, let the screen reset complete without touching anything, even if someone is thinking you are a total jerk for just sitting in a parked car while they are waiting.