Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, April. We wanted coil suspension and I wanted to give Tesla a bit of time to mature the manufacturing a bit so we chose Oct as a due date.
I suspect the cars stuck in "production" are not passing end of line inspection and now awaiting repairs.
You wanted coil suspension or are getting coil suspension?

Last edited:
Well we picked up our MX yesterday here in Portland! We spent nearly three hours looking over everything and yes there were a few build issues. There is a piece of material on the steering wheel that wasn't trimmed properly but this ultimately won't matter. The passenger side FWD trim is not aligned properly. Gasket on driver side FWD along the top doesn't lay flat like the other side. The heated steering wheel doesn't heat! DS thinks it's not a matter of being disconnected. He thinks it is the completely incorrect steering wheel. He noted everything and took photos. HUGE props to everyone involved in the delivery checklist! We'd have missed these things otherwise.

We took delivery but know the car will have to go back in for some service to address these issues and any others we find. I tested out the heated seats and they all get nice and warm but I did notice that some seats get warmer on the seat than on the back and other seats get warmer on the back and not the seat. No idea if this is normal or not. We ordered a thermal camera though and it will be here tomorrow.

All in all we of course LOVE the car. I've never had anything so nice before so I waver between happiness and terror.

Congratulations on your model X!

By the way, for "incorrect steering wheel?" How can this happen? Do you have any chance to take a photo for that steering wheel?
It sounded like the steering wheel doesn't have whatever 'insides' it needs for heating. It's weird though because we have the control to turn it on and it does light up. The steering wheel just never gets warm. In the photo you can maybe see the material that wasn't trimmed properly. It's above the volume control on the left.

2016-12-14 09.54.58.jpg

Reactions: flying_things
View attachment 205760
Looks even better in person!!!!! I'll post more pics when I stop to supercharge!!

Sadly, the trim where the front door meets the FWD is badly misaligned. Why the hell can't they get this stuff right at this point? Do they just not care? Every time I see this, I have serious second thoughts about going through with this. Sure, they can fix it, but what else might be wrong that you can't see?

EDIT: Sorry, not trying to be a debbie downer, but it is concerning

Well we picked up our MX yesterday here in Portland! We spent nearly three hours looking over everything and yes there were a few build issues. There is a piece of material on the steering wheel that wasn't trimmed properly but this ultimately won't matter. The passenger side FWD trim is not aligned properly. Gasket on driver side FWD along the top doesn't lay flat like the other side. The heated steering wheel doesn't heat! DS thinks it's not a matter of being disconnected. He thinks it is the completely incorrect steering wheel. He noted everything and took photos. HUGE props to everyone involved in the delivery checklist! We'd have missed these things otherwise.

We took delivery but know the car will have to go back in for some service to address these issues and any others we find. I tested out the heated seats and they all get nice and warm but I did notice that some seats get warmer on the seat than on the back and other seats get warmer on the back and not the seat. No idea if this is normal or not. We ordered a thermal camera though and it will be here tomorrow.

All in all we of course LOVE the car. I've never had anything so nice before so I waver between happiness and terror.

Congrats on your delivery! I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Do you happen to have a link to the checklist you used?

Reactions: bugZPDX
It sounded like the steering wheel doesn't have whatever 'insides' it needs for heating. It's weird though because we have the control to turn it on and it does light up. The steering wheel just never gets warm. In the photo you can maybe see the material that wasn't trimmed properly. It's above the volume control on the left.
View attachment 205758

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken the heated/non-heated wheels look identical, so they might have picked up the wrong one and put it on, or this wheel was in the wrong 'pile'. But at least it sounds easy to fix! And that should also fix that issue about the plastic sticking up if they really do change the wheel out.

Sadly, the trim where the front door meets the FWD is badly misaligned. Why the hell can't they get this stuff right at this point? Do they just not care? Every time I see this, I have serious second thoughts about going through with this. Sure, they can fix it, but what else might be wrong that you can't see?

EDIT: Sorry, not trying to be a debbie downer, but it is concerning

No problem, the driver side is good. I'll have them look at next time it goes in. As long as it doesn't leak, I'm happy.