Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super excited! Picking up MX 75D tomorrow morning in NY!!!! Gonna have a sleepless night :)
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the checklist.
I'll post some photos tomorrow.

I'm getting the car opticoated in CT on Saturday. Detailer is Rich Grasa he has done couple friends Tesla's in the past and the guy is a freaking genius. Impeccable work, 3 years later the cars look like new! PM me if you need to get it done in NY /CT area and I'll send you his info.

Congrats!

Did you call your DS for an update as to where your X is?

I really wish there was a way to track.
Thanks! I e-mailed my DS to see if the car had arrived yet and the store manager replied instead of my DS. He copied in some different people who would be my delivery team and confirmed the delivery appointment - also shared where the car was. Good news is he had no issues confirming my appointment so I guess I am good to go.

Reactions: DiamondHands
Thanks! I e-mailed my DS to see if the car had arrived yet and the store manager replied instead of my DS. He copied in some different people who would be my delivery team and confirmed the delivery appointment - also shared where the car was. Good news is he had no issues confirming my appointment so I guess I am good to go.
I'm really eager to see how your delivery goes and of course, hope all goes well. I'm taking delivery at the same location a few days later. It is pretty cool how they know exactly where the vehicle is located. They didn't give me the exact location but the DS checked and came back with a positive response. I can't quote him verbatim but his words made me feel as if the delivery truck carrying my MX was only 15 minutes away from the SC.

I'm really eager to see how your delivery goes and of course, hope all goes well. I'm taking delivery at the same location a few days later. It is pretty cool how they know exactly where the vehicle is located. They didn't give me the exact location but the DS checked and came back with a positive response. I can't quote him verbatim but his words made me feel as if the delivery truck carrying my MX was only 15 minutes away from the SC.
Thanks! Will be sure to keep you posted. Getting excited here in the last few days. I will say I have actually enjoyed the whole journey here to get the vehicle. Usually buying a car involves simply compromising on a few options to get one the dealer has. Ordering one custom like this and talking to others in the community sure makes it special.

I was told last week that my MX was in Tennessee and that is was coming via truck. Today was told that it's in Alabama in the process of being loaded on a truck. DS said that they have a way to ping the car to know where it is. Will follow up on Wednesday to see how the trip of MX is progressing. Delivery scheduled for 12/23 and DS says most likely it will be done. Also mentioned that I didn't want to be rushed on delivery day and DS assured me that won't be the case.

• Informative
Reactions: 8XATL
The delivery process so far has been extremely annoying. My X has been in production for 33 days. According to the spreadsheet, the average is about 10 days. There has been no explanation of what the delay is. The DS has never proactively provided any update. Email responses are met with the standard "its moving along nicely" emails. MyTesla says expected delivery is late November-December. Doesn't the system know that its past November?? On the other hand it doesn't say which year! My family holiday plans are messed up - we were hoping to go on a road trip which I have given up on now.

Combine this with the delivery issue people are facing and I start questioning if buying this car was the right choice. If they cant get door alignment / opening issue resolved, should I trust them with my life in full autonomous driving? At this stage my hopes are still high but expectations are very low. Hopefully the experience post delivery is better and makes up for this.

Yea, this is my story as well. Car has supposedly completed production as was communicated to me in an email from my DS here in San Diego: "...car has completed production and now is awaiting final post-production quality control which could take 2 days or 10 days..." That email was December 4th. I am not hand wringing over the car itself as I am not as passionate about it as many of you but I AM hand wringing on taking delivery prior to years end as I want to take advantage of the $7500 Fed Income Tax break on our 2016 taxes. We leave for a ski vacation on the 26th and do not return until 2017 so... get me the damn car Tesla! GET ME THE CAR! Funny thing is if the MX arrives just prior to our leaving town our new car is just going to sit in the driveway until we return home. All that angst just so the car can sit. What a weird car purchase this has turned out to be. Order the car Feb 26th, wait 10 months for it to show up...
I'm with you in it as well as I am hoping to try and get the credit for this year. I am sort of expecting something might show up because of the risk of being early adopters. I drove by the service center earlier today and saw a truck there. It was empty but don't know if it's from Tesla or masarati. I really hope ours make it this week but by the looks of it it seems highly unlikely until 2017...

@ming - I wonder how some socal customers got it and ours seems to just be in lala land....

@SUMD - I agree 100% shouldn't have to made feel about it this way because it's a huge investment for many of us. It's not s cheap vehicle and to be treated with such poor communication I think is awful coming from Tesla....

The delivery process so far has been extremely annoying. My X has been in production for 33 days. According to the spreadsheet, the average is about 10 days. There has been no explanation of what the delay is. The DS has never proactively provided any update. Email responses are met with the standard "its moving along nicely" emails. MyTesla says expected delivery is late November-December. Doesn't the system know that its past November?? On the other hand it doesn't say which year! My family holiday plans are messed up - we were hoping to go on a road trip which I have given up on now.

Combine this with the delivery issue people are facing and I start questioning if buying this car was the right choice. If they cant get door alignment / opening issue resolved, should I trust them with my life in full autonomous driving? At this stage my hopes are still high but expectations are very low. Hopefully the experience post delivery is better and makes up for this.

I got you beat homie. 40 days in production as of today. Still waiting. Expected late November-mid December.

I picked up my X last Monday so this is my 7 day mark. I should have updated the thread on my delivery before this but it's been a crazy week. Anyway, as context:

- Ordered Oct 18
- 5 days "In Production"
- 4 days "In Transit/Final Preparation"
- Factory pickup.

We got to the factory at 4:00 and my 8yo and I went on the tour while my wife waited with our 4yo who was too small. The tour ended at 5 and our DS (who was not the same person as on MyTesla) informed us that he'd found some issues with the driver's side window and that they were working on it. They had pulled a stock model (same feature set) into the showroom to show us around on and so we got the walk around tour there. Mostly a waste of time, sadly, given that I've read the manual, but we were waiting for the car anyway and I learned a few things.

We ended up going back into the showroom to wait and the car wasn't ready until 6:40! At this point my kids needed dinner (and were generally a bored mess) and so we ended up taking delivery of the car in the dark, pulled up in front of the showroom, sight (literally) unseen. Not the best delivery experience by a long shot!

It turns out we lucked out for the most part. The FWDs are not perfectly aligned but that was never going to really bug me. There's some bad wind noise on the driver's side that I suspect is related to whatever they were trying to fix, but otherwise the finish and assembly seem good and there are no glaring scratching/issues.

In hindsight we realized that we should have done two things differently:
- Take delivery during the day while the kids were in school.
- Do the factory tour (which is the only reason kids were there) later.

I realize this doesn't apply to a lot of you who are not local to Fremont or have kids, but FWIW that's what I wish I had known. I haven't yet reached out to either of my DS about the experience or issues but will this week and I'll let you know how they handle it.

Why was it in transit for 4 days if you picked up from the factory?