Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations to all of you who are finally seeing some progress with your orders and of course, to all of you who've finally received your vehicles! It is truly giving me some hope even though me and others ordered before some of you, to echo what HookBIll said. I may be able to cast some light one why the delivery window is so wide. I apologize if someone already wrote it on one of the monthly "Model X -------- deliveries" threads but I was told that they use 2 methods to ship the vehicles: By Truck which takes around 7 days or by Train which can take around 3 weeks. Of course, the latter can be "tricky", as my DS told me, because there can be hang-ups which can push it to 23 days on average. Pray your vehicle is coming by truck...praying my just comes out of production someday ;)

Mine was originally slated for late Oct to early Nov and mine is stuck in production. Going by that your chances aren't good. What you have going for you though is a 4th quarter push so that might do it for you.
Here is the response I received from my delivery contact - "Our intent is to have all vehicles with confirmed orders and production slots in December to be delivered by end of year. While I cannot explicitly guarantee that delivery will occur in December, we will do everything we can to ensure we make it happen"

Reactions: Wise1919
Hoping for a December delivery, though DS thinks January (but possible sooner).

Blue X90D, Tow, Sound, Premium, Black/Black Leather/Headliner

Order: 10/20
Confirmed E-Mail: 10/27
VIN E-Mail: 10/28 (28xxx)
Production Started in MyTesla: 11/23
Production Started Email: 11/29
Production Complete Email (Delivery "Late December - January, 2017"): 11/30
As of Dec 1: MyTesla still shows In production
Delivery: Hoping before the end of the year ...

My prod completed on 11-30 n I am picking up on 12-12 in MD. You are definitely getting it within two weeks unless they don't have a truck going your way.

Here is the response I received from my delivery contact - "Our intent is to have all vehicles with confirmed orders and production slots in December to be delivered by end of year. While I cannot explicitly guarantee that delivery will occur in December, we will do everything we can to ensure we make it happen"
I'm hoping that happens for you!! My main concern with mine is that it's been in production so long and if it is missing some parts it might get delayed too long and won't make it by end of year. Happy for the other people who are scheduling pick ups and seeing theirs come out of production! All I can do is sit back and try to patiently wait. Just frustrating that I can't get a response on what is going on.

My prod completed on 11-30 n I am picking up on 12-12 in MD. You are definitely getting it within two weeks unless they don't have a truck going your way.
I am picking mine up in Rockville MD also. I'm hoping mine somehow makes it on the truck with yours!! My hope is that the system just didn't send out the production complete email yet!

I'm hoping that happens for you!! My main concern with mine is that it's been in production so long and if it is missing some parts it might get delayed too long and won't make it by end of year. Happy for the other people who are scheduling pick ups and seeing theirs come out of production! All I can do is sit back and try to patiently wait. Just frustrating that I can't get a response on what is going on.
There is a group of us with the delay both X and S. Our production started 3 weeks ago and still no change. There may be an issue with a specific production lane. I'm just speculating. I doubt it's parts because equivalent models are rolling through within a couple days. . It might be a robotic arm or something!

There is a group of us with the delay both X and S. Our production started 3 weeks ago and still no change. There may be an issue with a specific production lane. I'm just speculating. I doubt it's parts because equivalent models are rolling through within a couple days. . It might be a robotic arm or something!
Good guess! I was thinking that they were missing some parts at the time that ours went through and now they are sitting somewhere waiting for the parts to be installed. Possible example would be the side marker camera housing. Meanwhile the parts that they are getting are going on cars on the production line instead of ours. Polymathic said that they are having trouble sourcing parts for the new hardware.

At least my DS was honest today, he said he had no idea why my car hadn't started production yet. No excuses about AP HW or anything. He said they expect delivery this month, but it will be a push.

I'm one of the 25XXX VIN's ordered early Oct watching 29XXX VINs ordered in Nov get made.

We received the email saying ours completed but the my tesla page still says in production.

I wonder if the my tesla page isn't manually triggered by the DS or something.

I think maybe we all assume the whole system is automated, it seems too disconnected from my experience to be completely automated.

Hey, complaining on this forum works!

I posted 19 minutes ago that my car was not in production yet (via MyTesla). Now it is (per MyTesla).
Awesome!!! Yours will probably get finished before mine and it's been in production since Nov 9th!!

Now that I complained I'm going to look at My Tesla and see that it's done?!?!?!?! Ha Ha!!!

Thanks for the tip!!!

I am picking mine up in Rockville MD also. I'm hoping mine somehow makes it on the truck with yours!! My hope is that the system just didn't send out the production complete email yet!
Call Eric at Rockville and ask him if it is in transit. I doubt Tesla is sending Truck to Rockville every week. I confirmed with them that all cars to md come in a truck. Anyway, I hardly see any X in Montgomery or Howard county here. I think I saw 4 live so far. Good luck Wise!

Awesome!!! Yours will probably get finished before mine and it's been in production since Nov 9th!!

Now that I complained I'm going to look at My Tesla and see that it's done?!?!?!?! Ha Ha!!!

Thanks for the tip!!!
Gearcruncher, you must be a better complainer than me!! It didn't work! Ha Ha!!

Hope you get your X soon!!

Call Eric at Rockville and ask him if it is in transit. I doubt Tesla is sending Truck to Rockville every week. I confirmed with them that all cars to md come in a truck. Anyway, I hardly see any X in Montgomery or Howard county here. I think I saw 4 live so far. Good luck Wise!
I emailed him a couple of days back and haven't heard anything. He has been very good with responding in the past. I'm trying not to be a P in his A. I have an RV dealership so I get to be in his shoes. Although when I order something for someone I am told right then and there when it will arrive. Very rarely does that date change. This is a different ballgame though, which I understand. If I don't get an email by mid day tomorrow I'll give him a call.

It's funny because I originally delayed my delivery until November when I ordered it in August hoping to get AP2. Originally I was to go into production the second week of October. Until the announcement was made I kept checking My Tesla hoping to not see it go into production. Then, wow, once it was announced I totally flipped that thinking!! Since I was told second week of October I kept looking for it to enter production. So that went on for a month. When My Tesla changed on the 9th I thought only a couple of days now! I was told a little over a week later that it actually didn't enter production yet and it was supposed to go on the line the 18th or 21st and finish up by the end of last week. So I'm not exactly sure when it started to be built. I heard they gave their employees most of the week off for Thanksgiving which I agree with. Those workers definitely deserve some time off from time to time. Just thought it would have been done by at least mid week.

I'm glad to hear that all cars come on a truck to Rockville. Definitely help to speed up delivery. I assumed it was coming by rail because I was given an estimated pick up date of believe it or not, Christmas day the last time I talked to someone in Pittsburgh.

I have yet to see an X in the wild in my neck of the woods! The only ones I've seen were at the store in Pittsburgh.

I normally get excited and impatient when I have a vehicle on order but this thing takes it to a different level!! The advancements in all of the technology in the X blow everything else out of the water!! Safe to say I've never been this excited to get something!

Hope everything goes smooth for you from here on out! Thanks and good luck Bobby!

Reactions: Bobby7
Gearcruncher, you must be a better complainer than me!! It didn't work! Ha Ha!!

Hope you get your X soon!!
Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! Gearcruncher you are an absolute genius!!!! It actually worked!!!

IMG_3542.PNG