Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's weird to see new cars enter production and get delivered (4-5days) before cars that have been in production longer still sit in production (2+ weeks)

Either the specific line has a delay/malfunction that forces the car to sit there, or there is some specific part issue to some cars that are causing a delay.

It's weird to hear that new orders are being told December delivery with such a backlog. Sounds like the typical over promising and under delivering.

Reactions: vrykolas
Noticed many orders in late Sept and Oct have been delayed until late Dec. I'm in that black hole as well with the following:

X90D (whitepearl, tan leather, 6seat, EAP, Wx and towing packages) ordered Oct 1
Confirmed late Oct 8
Vin 24XXX Oct 9
original est off line mid Nov
DS revised est(earlyNov) off line 21 Nov
DS revised est(mid Nov) off line early Dec and delivery late Dec
Current status: still in production que

Noticed a number of new inventory vins (27K+) becoming available. Just wondering if production ran a couple of weeks for "new inventory" to have product available for EOQ and EOY sales push??

Noticed many orders in late Sept and Oct have been delayed until late Dec. I'm in that black hole as well with the following:

X90D (whitepearl, tan leather, 6seat, EAP, Wx and towing packages) ordered Oct 1
Confirmed late Oct 8
Vin 24XXX Oct 9
original est off line mid Nov
DS revised est(earlyNov) off line 21 Nov
DS revised est(mid Nov) off line early Dec and delivery late Dec
Current status: still in production que

Noticed a number of new inventory vins (27K+) becoming available. Just wondering if production ran a couple of weeks for "new inventory" to have product available for EOQ and EOY sales push??
What state are you in? Curious how much you physical location matters... they want to deliver as many cars as possible by year end so that may factor in.

Colorado. All cars shipped to Denver I am told. Drop ship to my home would even take longer.

Original estimated delivery was late Nov or the first few days of Dec. The issue with me is that Tesla by moving my current est delivery to late Dec is impacting my Holiday travel plans and I want delivery in 2106. I am not a happy camper.

I agree. Although they are making them according to region. I would think that they try to fill up regions sporadicly. Like east coast 1 truck then ca next etc. rather than east coast 1 week. Then try to cram all of CA into the last few weeks of Dec since they have shorter shipping times.

Yes, they did quite a bit of that in Q3 and now also in Q4. Inventory cars ahead of customer orders is typical in most companies, such as BMW, where you just have to get "slotted in". Tesla seems to be sliding into an inventory/custom blend of production and many are definitely waiting while the inventory cars are built ahead of them.

• Informative
Reactions: Out4aDuck
Just got my VIN 22xxx (blue 60D white 6 seater + full self driving + tow) here in Vancouver, BC. Ordered Sep 18, arrived Nov 21, picked up Nov 25 (yesterday). My sister ordered at the same time, hers (similar specs but mid sil 90D) just entered production. Should be here in 2 weeks. Was delayed due to autopilot 2.0 hardware release ... worth the wait, camera placement around the car is very subtle :)

Forgot to mention that mine was slated for early Dec as well (mid Nov before autopilot 2.0). Dealer said that depending on color,battery and possibly model (mine which is a 60D is no longer avail) build queue can vary quite a bit even for cars ordered at the same time.

VIN# 272XX

Purchase Location - Tysons Corner VA

X 90D
6 seats
Ultra White
Carbon Fiber
Weather Package
Upgraded Audio Package
all the AP 2.0 features
Premium Upgrade Package

10/15/16 - Order placed
10/24/16 - Order Confirmed
12/24/16 Vin Assigned

Original Estimate Given - Late December early January

11/25/16 - My Tesla page changed to state " In production " However to date no emails stating this have been received.

• Informative
11525510885_4f65044dc6_z.jpg

Still Waiting!

• Funny
Reactions: vrykolas and Bobby7