Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your car made it to production then the wording would've said, "Your car is in production." It won't say your car is scheduled for production at the factory. That's what mine said before they removed it and my car is in production.
Thanks, that makes sense but disappointed . Thought my X was making progress.
MyTesla page DOES say ...late December - January 2017.

Not sure if that means anything concrete.

I had the same situation from last night to this morning.

Do you remember if your MyTesla page specifically stated... IN PRODUCTION, or as mine specified ...YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AND SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION IN OUR FACTORY ?

I'm not sure if mine has truly taken me out of IN QUEUE and IN PRODUCTION .

What do you think. Would appreciate your input.

I've attached what mine showed last night and now it is same but doesn't say "In production" line just shows the 4/6 part.

Attachments

• IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0533.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 85
I had the same situation from last night to this morning.

Do you remember if your MyTesla page specifically stated... IN PRODUCTION, or as mine specified ...YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AND SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION IN OUR FACTORY ?

I'm not sure if mine has truly taken me out of IN QUEUE and IN PRODUCTION .

What do you think. Would appreciate your input.
Mine showed "in production" but I had not received an email confirming. Now, blank..

Perhaps but my tracking of vin # assignments that last few months has them possibly giving out fewer Vin #s in Q4 than Q3 with a real softening of MX Vin #s the last couple weeks. Still waiting to see a 32xxx MX Vin# (anyone know of one?). Days per 1000 Vin #s were (8,8,9,10,10) for MX for the last 5000 and for MS has been (6,7,6,5,5,5) for last 6000 and I expect you've all seen the videos of lots full of MS. I believe inventory MS will be offered through some sort of last-couple weeks inventory sale or something. Even tv-ads or similar. But MS is definitely out-pacing the MX in terms of perceived production rates. Almost a 2:1 ratio at this point.

I have received a 34xxx VIN

11/28 Order Placed
12/06 Order Confirmed
12/06 VIN Assigned

Model X 75D
White/White
6 Seats
Non PUP
EAP
20 in Wheels
Tow Package

• Informative
Reactions: esk8mw
My MX 90D is completed. 5 days in production. Funny, though, my notifications were just opposite of what happened when it went into production. This time, I received an email saying it had finished production with a delivery date of Dec. 15-29, however the My Tesla page still shows in production. I am fortunate to be relatively close to Freemont.

Reactions: vrykolas
My MX 90D is completed. 5 days in production. Funny, though, my notifications were just opposite of what happened when it went into production. This time, I received an email saying it had finished production with a delivery date of Dec. 15-29, however the My Tesla page still shows in production. I am fortunate to be relatively close to Freemont.
Wow that's great! MyTesla page still doesn't even show what's my status... I've been in production since last Friday....hopefully soon and I'm in San Diego....

My MX 90D 6 seater just got an updated delivery date to Atlanta. Confirmed 11/5, production complete 11/30. Original delivery date was 12/27.

Just was updated to 12/15 - deliveries must indeed be going via truck instead of train. DS said they need 48 hours to prep the vehicle - soonest I could get delivery was 12/14 so I imagine it will arrive at the SC on 12/12. It is still in transit right now apparently - DS did not have visibility into where it was exactly though.

Should be here soon! Good luck to everyone waiting.

**Updated - I am a happy new owner, received on 12/9**

very VERY hard to bring to the detailer to drop off for a week to have XPEL ultimate on the whole car, Kamikaze Pro on the whole car, and I think I may decide to darken the front doors with tint - still deciding. Originally had planned to have them professionally paint the wheels to match the color of the Onyx 22"s ( like the color on them but not reduced range ) but told him to hold off so I can decide if paint or powder coat is best.
15380769_10154466007158381_535781505845719965_n.jpg
15380858_10154466004258381_4100552072684126082_n.jpg
15442265_10154466007038381_2342388953621049984_n.jpg

VIN# 272XX

Purchase Location - Tysons Corner VA

X 90D
6 seats
Ultra White
Carbon Fiber
Weather Package
Upgraded Audio Package
all the AP 2.0 features
Premium Upgrade Package

10/15/16 - Order placed
10/24/16 - Order Confirmed
10/24/16 Vin Assigned
11/25/16 In production
11/30/16 Complete production
12/9/16 Picked Up and New Owner

Original Estimate Given - Late December early January

It seems they just have a delivery estimate now. I think our spreadsheets forced them to hide details of production details, possibly for concern of stockholders gathering negative info?

Now it's unclear when and how long cars are in production. Instead it's just an estimate on delivery.
@pchengMX @hollywood I hear what you're saying. Nothing seems to be in sync with Tesla right now. I'm also getting three different stories but I'm going with what I'm being told via email 1st, phone 2nd, and myTesla last. I predict that anyone in this thread who ordered before November will definitely take delivery of their vehicle before 2016 ends.

There are so many factors that go into what gets built when. Some we can guess pretty well, and others we don't have visibility into.

First, they certainly aren't going to build in VIN order, as has already been discussed on this thread. Just the fact that they are probably going to batch like configurations together means that things will be out of VIN order. Next, you have issues like people who have been waiting for 5-seat configs, so they're going to insert those customers into the line. Then, you have the issue of distance, which has also been discussed here. They tend to build cars that have to travel long distances before local pickups so they can deliver the most number of cars in a quarter. Sometimes, they really f up a car and have to build it again. That customer will be given priority, most likely. Parts shortages depending on what you ordered. Imagine, hypothetically, the supplier of tan interiors screws up and now Tesla has no tan parts to build with. All those cars need to wait, meanwhile all black interiors will get built, possibly sooner than they otherwise would have. There are also fix-ups of cars that are fixable, but not worth completely rebuilding that can slow a car's production down, etc.

In short, there is so much info that goes into what gets built when that to just flippantly say it's about money is sort of ridiculous. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of other cars that are fully loaded that might NOT get built as fast as the one above, for the reasons mentioned. And what I have above is only what I could think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty of other things we have no idea about. Given the logistical nightmare about how to build cars in the best order to get the most cars out the door, I'm glad I don't have to figure it out, but I also feel like given the information they have on the inside, I'd probably make similar decisions.

Thank you so much for your answer, it is informative and it makes perfect sense.

I can be wrong but were not, until recently (as it seems that they are only beginning to be produced now), all the 5 seats and RHD car orders awaiting for VIN assignment? This could implicate/explain some jumps in VIN numbers, no?
Nope, that wouldn't explain it either. When 5 seaters configured, they just sat without a vin, waiting for one to be assigned, some for over a year. Then, once they could start working on them they started assigning those vins in sequential order (this happened about a month ago). Again, doesn't mean they built those cars in vin order, just meant they felt they were in a position to start slotting the orders into the factory so they were assigned vins. They are being built and delivered now. End result is people who ordered 5 seaters a year ago are now being assigned vins in the 28xxx range.

• Informative
Reactions: Atlantis and EinSV