Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X deliveries for September and beyond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date: 9/8/2023
Build: MXLR | Ultra Red | Tax Rebate Edition | FSD transfer
Original EDD (09/08): Oct - Nov 2023
EDD 2 (09/19): Nov - Dec 2023
EDD 3 (09/19): October 22 - December 3
EDD 4 (10/02): October 16 - November 20
EDD 5 (10/17): October 29 - December 3
EDD 6 (10/29): November 3 - November 24
EDD 7 (11/04): November 4 - November 24
EDD 8 (11/05): November 5 - November 24
EDD 9 (11/06): November 6 - November 24
EDD 10 (11/07): November 7 - November 24
EDD 11 (11/08): November 8 - November 24
EDD 12 (11/09): November 9 - November 25
VIN: No
VIN was assigned today. Updated details in this post.

Today is Nov 15, wondering if VIN assigned from now on will be a 2024

Edd is still Dec 12~Jan 23. Ordered on 10/10
Plus it's not like Tesla will stop assigning the ones they already built yesterday. So still a chance that VINs assigned will be a mix of 2023 and 2024 whenever that happens. Will probably start seeing a mix of reactions of excited 2024 VIN messages and disappointed 2023 VIN messages for a week or 2 during that transition. 😬

Wonder if Tesla will assign 2023 VINs to those orders with less leverage to reject 🤔

I hope Tesla has something better to do than try and stick it to the .05% of ppl who might delay a deliver now w/hope of getting a '24 VIN assigned in 14 days. Whoever posts first that they got a 2024 VIN is going to spark a lot of chatter!
Yeah, as soon as that first 2024 VIN is posted, it's going to start the domino of people getting 2023 VINs to ask about rejecting and etc. to get a 2024 VIN.

At the end of the day, Tesla is going to have to move those 2023 VINs that are new builds somehow. That's why the FSD and FUSC transfer offers have text in the agreement that you have to accept the VIN assigned to you. Not sure how they they'll enforce it if you have to reject for valid reasons such as quality issues. But at the very least, you have to make a good faith effort to take delivery.

Last edited:
Anyone transferring over FUSC here? I ordered on 10/31 (NJ).
EDD: Jan 14-Mar 10.
At what point of this process should I be would completing forms to transfer over FUSC? Just want to make sure the transfer doesn’t get messed up. I noticed in my order form, it shows $250 referral credit. I didn’t put down a referral code nor did I ask about it. I read elsewhere that said the referral discount can screw up the FUSC transfer.

At what point of this process should I be would completing forms to transfer over FUSC? Just want to make sure the transfer doesn’t get messed up. I noticed in my order form, it shows $250 referral credit. I didn’t put down a referral code nor did I ask about it. I read elsewhere that said the referral discount can screw up the FUSC transfer.

The $250 is a loyalty reward for buying another Tesla. You can't use a referral code if you already own a Tesla. This is their equivalent.

I ordered on 10/23 when they showed an EDD of Nov - Dec. Sent my transfer form in @ 1 week later - around the same time they changed my EDD to Dec - Jan.