Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Demo Car Sales in December?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought mine as a demo at the end of last quarter. They will only take money off the price of the car if the car is a) damaged, or b) has been used for test drives. If you're looking at the one of the 15 mile ones that's been sitting in the showroom since June then you just get the satisfaction of getting your car sooner (a great satisfaction I may add). My car was built July 2023 and has negligible issues (misaligned falcon wing door was rubbing against trim and slight hood gap). I will note they had to go to regional management to get the car released for sale. The main issue is that they need to have another car ready to be delivered to them to have in the showroom because they don't like keeping them empty long.

I will say it helps to work directly with one of the store GMs, and also get a rep to look with you through the actually ERP system instead of the website-based one. We were able to see what showrooms had what cars because that's not really listed on the website :p

Pics from showroom to driveway. View attachment 989126
View attachment 989127
I really like those wheels, where did you get them?

Wouldn't Tesla cover those repairs?
There's actually an explict document you sign before pickup that outlines what they will and won't repair. I was trying to find it but can't locate it, something like scratches under 3" small dings, tears etc are all not covered. That being said, they still general take care of due bill stuff like panel alignment. I actually also lucked out because I got a black Model X license plate frame for free because they forgot it was in there (I'm pretty sure they don't give them with the car anymore)

I bought mine as a demo at the end of last quarter. They will only take money off the price of the car if the car is a) damaged, or b) has been used for test drives. If you're looking at the one of the 15 mile ones that's been sitting in the showroom since June then you just get the satisfaction of getting your car sooner (a great satisfaction I may add). My car was built July 2023 and has negligible issues (misaligned falcon wing door was rubbing against trim and slight hood gap). I will note they had to go to regional management to get the car released for sale. The main issue is that they need to have another car ready to be delivered to them to have in the showroom because they don't like keeping them empty long.

I will say it helps to work directly with one of the store GMs, and also get a rep to look with you through the actually ERP system instead of the website-based one. We were able to see what showrooms had what cars because that's not really listed on the website :p

Pics from showroom to driveway. View attachment 989126
View attachment 989127
Beautiful. Is it a LR?

Eh, probably not if they're marking it down for being a demo.

If I were spending that much on a vehicle, I wouldn't want to save a few thousand by getting a demo. It just doesn't seem worth it.

People don't treat demo vehicles like their own. It's like a rental. They're going to hand that vehicle back in half an hour. Even if they buy one, it won't be that one.

So that demo vehicle may have been launched from a standstill 800 times. Now to be fair, I might have launched my own Model 3 from a standstill 800 times (haven't been counting), but at least I know that. Maybe one of those test drivers launched it in a dead parking lot over a speed bump.

Also, with hundreds (or thousands?) of people having been in a demo vehicle, it probably has cooties AND the fart touch.
FWIW, X is a little bit more finicky about launches. The adjustable suspension can get out alignment or need repairs after a lot of hard acceleration. Leads to shudders under acceleration and sometimes half-shaft replacement.

• Informative
Reactions: father_of_6