Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Demo Car Sales in December?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! Does anyone know if Tesla might sell demo Model X cars in December to clear out inventory before year end? And typically what might the discount be on a demo car? We're really looking into the Model X, but a demo discount might make it a little bit more affordable.

I bought mine as a demo at the end of last quarter. They will only take money off the price of the car if the car is a) damaged, or b) has been used for test drives. If you're looking at the one of the 15 mile ones that's been sitting in the showroom since June then you just get the satisfaction of getting your car sooner (a great satisfaction I may add). My car was built July 2023 and has negligible issues (misaligned falcon wing door was rubbing against trim and slight hood gap). I will note they had to go to regional management to get the car released for sale. The main issue is that they need to have another car ready to be delivered to them to have in the showroom because they don't like keeping them empty long.

I will say it helps to work directly with one of the store GMs, and also get a rep to look with you through the actually ERP system instead of the website-based one. We were able to see what showrooms had what cars because that's not really listed on the website :p

Pics from showroom to driveway.
IMG_4660.jpeg

IMG_4923.jpeg

I bought mine as a demo at the end of last quarter. They will only take money off the price of the car if the car is a) damaged, or b) has been used for test drives. If you're looking at the one of the 15 mile ones that's been sitting in the showroom since June then you just get the satisfaction of getting your car sooner (a great satisfaction I may add). My car was built July 2023 and has negligible issues (misaligned falcon wing door was rubbing against trim and slight hood gap). I will note they had to go to regional management to get the car released for sale. The main issue is that they need to have another car ready to be delivered to them to have in the showroom because they don't like keeping them empty long.

I will say it helps to work directly with one of the store GMs, and also get a rep to look with you through the actually ERP system instead of the website-based one. We were able to see what showrooms had what cars because that's not really listed on the website :p

Pics from showroom to driveway. View attachment 989126
View attachment 989127
Absolutely gorgeous color!! I'll try to reach out to a rep at my local Tesla. If anyone knows of one at the Naperville Illinois location, I'd really appreciate it!

View attachment 989127
WOW, 😃 That’s a beautiful color.

Sell them in a couple of years for half the price they paid for 😬🤣😂

True, but still... the later model-year holds a bit more value.

Thought experiment: two identical Model Xs are for sale on the used market. They were manufactured one day apart. The first is a 2021, but the second made the cut-off and is a 2022. Same mileage, color, condition, etc.

Which one do you want? The 2022, duh. 😉

Reactions: JBT66
Wouldn't Tesla cover those repairs?

Eh, probably not if they're marking it down for being a demo.

If I were spending that much on a vehicle, I wouldn't want to save a few thousand by getting a demo. It just doesn't seem worth it.

People don't treat demo vehicles like their own. It's like a rental. They're going to hand that vehicle back in half an hour. Even if they buy one, it won't be that one.

So that demo vehicle may have been launched from a standstill 800 times. Now to be fair, I might have launched my own Model 3 from a standstill 800 times (haven't been counting), but at least I know that. Maybe one of those test drivers launched it in a dead parking lot over a speed bump.

Also, with hundreds (or thousands?) of people having been in a demo vehicle, it probably has cooties AND the fart touch.

Wouldn't Tesla cover those repairs?
No, that’s why they are knocking of a few hundred bucks vs fixing would cost them
More money and wait for parts. Curb rash wheel is under $200 to fix replacement of wheel is over $1k. Paint scratch or correction is easily by a professional &700 to $2k minimum. They knock of a few hundred or a $1k and the demo buyer who’s not thinking will get the short end of the stick. Read the fine print on demo vehicles, it says some will have blemish/scratches that are not covered under warranty.
As mentioned, they need to move these to make room for newer models. I would not settle for a few hundred. Just my opinion.
Good luck.

View attachment 989127
Do people only buy red in your neighborhood? :)
Across the street are also two red cars in front of a red house.