Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Design Studio - Canadian prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so I just spoke with a Tesla sales rep in California and he swore to me that not only did model X prices in Canada not go down, in fact they went up (from 119k to 122k for the base 70D).
What is going on here???
Speaking personally I can guarantee you that my configuration went down to:
$164,700
$171,900
or in other words a drop of $7,200
If I configure a 70D with no options and 5 seats (non-leather and cheapest finish etc.) - I think that is default,
I get: $ 117,700

This is pretty new and pretty unusual for Tesla (IMO) so it isn't surprising that they don't know about it; however, what is worrying is that he may have knowledge of an impeding price increase that may bump them up again. Rumours abound about a model S price increase but I've assumed before that the X pricing was getting a jump on an exchange rate increase and that it would remain at the level that it has now reached. Hopefully it isn't going back up again.

Speaking personally I can guarantee you that my configuration went down to:
$164,700
$171,900
or in other words a drop of $7,200
If I configure a 70D with no options and 5 seats (non-leather and cheapest finish etc.) - I think that is default,
I get: $ 117,700

This is pretty new and pretty unusual for Tesla (IMO) so it isn't surprising that they don't know about it; however, what is worrying is that he may have knowledge of an impeding price increase that may bump them up again. Rumours abound about a model S price increase but I've assumed before that the X pricing was getting a jump on an exchange rate increase and that it would remain at the level that it has now reached. Hopefully it isn't going back up again.

You have included autopilot option (accidentally) in your 70D base price...scroll down and uncheck that option. [ 114,200 is the base price for 70D...autopilot 3,500]

Last edited:
You have included autopilot option (accidentally) in your 70D base price...scroll down and uncheck that option. [ 114,200 is the base price for 70D...autopilot 3,500]
I'll assume you were right. I couldn't reset to a base 70D so I went and manually unchecked everything - apparently missing one.
Anyway, $114,200 is a lot less than 119 or 122.