Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sounds like tough pro is the same as weather tech.

my question is does anyone have them for the 5 seater?

Where did you hear that Weather Tech is the same as ToughPro? Definitely very different products. The only Weather Tech mats currently available are being sold through Tesla's online shop. The front row mats aren't available yet. And nothing for the 5 seater.

Reactions: MisterT2
Where did you hear that Weather Tech is the same as ToughPro? Definitely very different products. The only Weather Tech mats currently available are being sold through Tesla's online shop. The front row mats aren't available yet. And nothing for the 5 seater.
i swear i saw a few people say that on the fb model x page. not 100% sure but it seems like everyone that owns a set loves it.

I have the 5 seater. I used the generic weathertech mats for my model x.
AVM® HD - Heavy Duty Semi-Universal Trim to Fit Mats
1st & 2nd Row - 4-Piece Set
# 11AVMSBHD
For Tesla 2016 Model X

Semi-Universal Trim to Fit Flexible Floor Mats For All Vehicles | WeatherTech.com

It does not work right for the driver side without cutting. The middle back seat does not have a mat either. I put it over the existing mat, except for the driver one. This will work till I can get the weathertech/Tesla Official Mats.

I ordered a Lloyd mat for the trunk. I order ToughPro for the back.

I didn't want to wait for the WeatherTechs to be released. (Although I liked them in my Model S).

So, I ordered the ToughPros from ebay. Bargain price and I specifically wanted one that covered the dead pedal. (That get's all crusty with winter salt and the WeatherTechs didn't cover that either.) They arrived today and fit well. I am pleased.

WP_20170118_15_52_54_Pro.jpg
WP_20170118_15_53_09_Pro.jpg

I have been very happy with the ToughPro mats. Originally I didn't want to get them, as I liked the look of the Weathertech so much more, but my wife convinced me that having something was better than waiting and she was sure right! They fit well, apart from the little divet in the trunk mat that has been posted about many times, don't smell, and have nice traction. They definitely make the car look and feel more rugged, for better and for worse, but they've done great with snow, mud, slush, leaves, and food.

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy and rjdoc74
I have been very happy with the ToughPro mats. Originally I didn't want to get them, as I liked the look of the Weathertech so much more, but my wife convinced me that having something was better than waiting and she was sure right! They fit well, apart from the little divet in the trunk mat that has been posted about many times, don't smell, and have nice traction. They definitely make the car look and feel more rugged, for better and for worse, but they've done great with snow, mud, slush, leaves, and food.

I also ended up going with them, but went with the Tesla mats for the trunk and frunk. Although the ToughPro mats don't have lips I agree they seem to be doing the job.

Does anyone know why Tesla is not offering front mats?
Weathertech is building them and it is assumed that Tesla helped to design them. They're just not ready yet. For whatever reason, it took over a year (after first deliveries) to make their existing mat line-up (2nd row + frunk + trunk) available. Maybe Tesla was not happy with the first design and asked Weathertech to make some changes.

Reactions: Rossy
I'll be happy when they get the front weathertechs available too! I have the complete Tesla set in my MX 6 seater and got the Lloyd rubbertite mats for the front until the Tesla ones are available. Other than the smell of the Lloyds when they are new (outgassing) I like them for a temporary set until the others are available.

I need front mats stat, my carpet mats are already worn and look awful.

I was able to pick up the Tesla mats at the SC the same day - I think some had said they were hard to catch in stock, but the day I called, they had just got a shipment and had everything in stock. I got 2nd&3rd row set, full cargo area (with 3rd row seat folded down), and frunk mat. Purchased a set of Lloyd rubbertite front mats from autoanything - they were pretty cheap with a coupon.

Later I also purchased the Lloyd rubbertite small cargo mat that fits with the 3rd row seat up. I normally have the 3rd row seat down, but wanted a mat just in case I needed the 3rd row up. I almost bought both Tesla (weathertech) cargo mats to swap in/out, but after I got the first set of Lloyd rubbertite mats for the front and noticed how 'flat' they are, I decided to get a small cargo mat, install that, and lay the Tesla full cargo mat on top of it. Since there was no 'lip' around the Lloyd mat, it works fine. The Tesla mat has a lip (which is nice), but I wouldn't have been able to lay the large one on top of the small one easily.

I got the Lloyd mats from autoanything in 1-2 days with free shipping. I was impressed with the delivery time.

My only complaint on the Lloyd mats is the SMELL when you first get them. I swore it smelled like we were driving a family of skunks around when we first put them in the car! Finally figured out it was the Lloyd mats! I had to take them out and leave them on the deck for about a week until the smell dissipated. I read somewhere that it was the mats 'out-gassing'. But after that, they were great. The front mats do include covering the driver's dead pedal area also. The small rear cargo mat has a "U" shaped cut where the handle is to open the floor storage area, so you can do that without removing the mat or having to reach under the mat.

Just curious, what's the little divet in the trunk mat???