Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the founder's cars at the reveal were L. I would assume fully loaded includes L.
The Founders cars used for test drives were Insane mode - No Ludicrous speed upgrade. At least that's what our driver told us during the test ride. I was in the back seat so wasn't paying much attention to the screen. Whichever mode it was, I was pinned to the seat when he floored it so no complaints from me!

Latest email from Tesla regarding the referral program has bumped up the estimated savings from $25,000 to $30,000. See below...

"Those who make ten referrals will get the right to purchase a fully loaded Founder Series Model X, not available to the public, for the price of a base-level Model X—roughly a $30,000 saving."

Latest email from Tesla regarding the referral program has bumped up the estimated savings from $25,000 to $30,000. See below...

"Those who make ten referrals will get the right to purchase a fully loaded Founder Series Model X, not available to the public, for the price of a base-level Model X—roughly a $30,000 saving."

That lines up well with the often mentioned $93,000 90D base price.

Fully loaded Founders: $132,000 + $10,000 + $1,000 + $750 = $143,750.

Knock of $30,000 and you get $113,750, round down to $113,000 for the "roughly $30,000 savings". Say that is the base P90D.

Knock another $20,000 for the P and you get a $93,000 base 90D, which is $5,000 more than the Model S 90D.

It's kind of shady they are telling people they will pay the "base-level" Model X price if it's going to be over $113k though. I wouldn't call the P90D base level.

That lines up well with the often mentioned $93,000 90D base price.

Fully loaded Founders: $132,000 + $10,000 + $1,000 + $750 = $143,750.

Knock of $30,000 and you get $113,750, round down to $113,000 for the "roughly $30,000 savings". Say that is the base P90D.

Knock another $20,000 for the P and you get a $93,000 base 90D, which is $5,000 more than the Model S 90D.

It's kind of shady they are telling people they will pay the "base-level" Model X price if it's going to be over $113k though. I wouldn't call the P90D base level.

These base prices are the same as mine in this thread:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/55974-Production-X-Configuration-Options-and-Pricing-Thread

I also compiled educated guesses for the pricing of every production option that I think will be available.

Congrats to all those who obtained 10+ referrals!

You can't use the referral credits to buy a Model X. Only for a Model S, service., or accessories.

Not sure this is correct. The page with information about the program states:

Anyone who orders a new Model S before October 31st using the referral link of a current owner will get $1,000 off the purchase price. In return, the current owner will get a $1,000 discount that can be applied to a new car, service center visit or accessory. New orders must be placed prior to October 31, 2015.

I don't see anything anywhere that indicates the funds can only be applied to a Model S.

You didn't do well in anticipation of Christmas as a kid - did you?

Christmas? They aren't giving these things away (at least not to me!)

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure this is correct. The page with information about the program states:

I don't see anything anywhere that indicates the funds can only be applied to a Model S.

My salesman claims referral money can be used on X purchase . who knows????

According to a quick count of the leaderboard there are now 53 people eligible for the Founders X, with 27 in North America region. I wonder how many will opt for the purchase.

I'm buying regardless of timing. My wife has a lease on her GL450 that ends in Dec 2016. I hope we can take delivery by then, but if not I think we can always extend our lease for a bit.