Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree with you. On the presentation of Model X the 90D was called the base model on the big screen.

Here is a quote from my email (I edited with bold):
We’re pleased to confirm that your referrals, along with your Tesla account credits, have earned you the opportunity to purchase a fully loaded Founder Series Model X, which is not available to the public, for the price of a base-level Model X.

I also agree. A P90D is not the base model. But we haven't received official pricing as of yet, so perhaps they will catch the error or re-think it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to look at a gift horse in the mouth. A loaded P90D for the price of a P90D with no options is still very good, but that's not what the terms of the program stated (dare I say 691HP? <running away quickly...>)

Followed up with my inside sales contact this morning, and here is what he responded:
"
We were expecting to have pricing and configuration information available by today, but after checking internally it looks like next week is more realistic. I will reach out to you as soon as I get an update!"

Hmm, am I supposed to have an inside sales contact? Or is this just someone you know from a previous delivery?

I agree, it clearly says "for the price of a base-level Model X".... there is a $10k difference between the two...

I also agree. A P90D is not the base model. But we haven't received official pricing as of yet, so perhaps they will catch the error or re-think it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to look at a gift horse in the mouth. A loaded P90D for the price of a P90D with no options is still very good, but that's not what the terms of the program stated (dare I say 691HP? <running away quickly...>)

Spoke to Tesla today. Pricing is still not yet available. They want to release pricing for the Founder's under the referral program at the same time as general production. I believe this is because they have already said that Founder's pricing will be based on P90D with no options; so if they give us a price, we'll know the base price of the P90D and Tesla isn't ready for that to be public yet. I was told they're hopeful by tomorrow or Wednesday. Delivery expectation is still possibly end of December, otherwise January.

Spoke to Tesla today. Pricing is still not yet available. They want to release pricing for the Founder's under the referral program at the same time as general production. I believe this is because they have already said that Founder's pricing will be based on P90D with no options; so if they give us a price, we'll know the base price of the P90D and Tesla isn't ready for that to be public yet. I was told they're hopeful by tomorrow or Wednesday. Delivery expectation is still possibly end of December, otherwise January.

thanks for update

OK I talked with someone they took a 5k production deposit will get reservation number then
supposedly configure later today.

COULD NOT USE Tesla credits I earned in referral program for X purchase
only if I wanted to buy another S

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the production pricing is out.

P90D $115,500
Fully Loaded P90DL $150,250
---------
$34,750 difference

do you have option pricing?
TIA

I got the call as well and they confirmed what has been posted .... I was in a meeting and didn't get back with them to handle the deposit .... looks like the configure link comes fairly quickly after the deposit ....! If I understand correctly you get a reservation number at the deposit stage ... anyone have an understanding on when delivery dates are scheduled on the Founders's model?