Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone ever get any idea why they refused to put Helix 20" wheels on the Signatures or Founders? I had asked for that and never got an answer as to why not-- just than it wasn't an option. I inquired today to see if maybe they have them now but haven't heard back.

I pre-ordered a set from TSportLine. The 22" rims with low profile tires look sinister, but not practical for Colorado.

I asked as well, and got the same response: not an option. I don't think they will be offered long; they don't seem to be very popular. I may buy a set of the t-sport line 20's in black to go with our pearl white X.

You cant use them for mx - only ms. It is in the Nature of the ms Refferal program just ended. This is confirmed by tesla.

I was quite pissed off when I found this out myself. Being a Model S owner got you into the referral program. With a FbR Model X at 10 referrals you have to take that deal. To use my $17K in referral credit I found buying a Model S was the only way to get rid of the credit without reselling shenanigans. Now I will have three Teslas for our two drivers. Kinda maniacal of Tesla since they sold two additional cars to me and made profit on both!

I was the one that elevated the issue to Ian who is the N. American Program Manager. In a heated and long conversation, he would not budge. Silly to design a program that requires shenanigans like selling stuff you buy to take advantage of it. Poorly thought out in my opinion if your best participants have no straight forward way to get their prizes.

That is why I started another thread to provide feedback to Tesla if they should renew the program: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...Your-Suggestions-to-Help-Tesla-Sell-More-Cars

I was suppriced too. So we can use the credit on accessories and Model S. I sold my Model S waiting for the X. But the waiting time is long and it doesnt feel right to drive a smal VAG-car.. Can we use the credit on preowned Model S from Tesla?

where in the terms of the program did it include the Model S and exclude the Model X?

I was quite pissed off when I found this out myself. Being a Model S owner got you into the referral program. With a FbR Model X at 10 referrals you have to take that deal. To use my $17K in referral credit I found buying a Model S was the only way to get rid of the credit without reselling shenanigans. Now I will have three Teslas for our two drivers. Kinda maniacal of Tesla since they sold two additional cars to me and made profit on both!

I was the one that elevated the issue to Ian who is the N. American Program Manager. In a heated and long conversation, he would not budge. Silly to design a program that requires shenanigans like selling stuff you buy to take advantage of it. Poorly thought out in my opinion if your best participants have no straight forward way to get their prizes.

It said you could use the credit to buy a car. Later it said that the credit couldn't be used to RESERVE a Model X.

I interpreted this to mean that I had to pay for the $5K reservation, but could use credit to pay for the remainder of the Model X.

We probably should move this to a different thread. Any mods around?

For what it's worth, this ^^^ was my original interpretation as well. IMHO Tesla didn't take sufficient care and time when creating the program's terms and conditions. I thought the use of the word "reserve" rather than purchase was odd. Therefore, there had to be a reason - and I came to the same conclusion you did. They wanted real money to be used for the non-refundable deposit, but the credits could be used towards the purchase.

I'm flying into Chicago sunday the 17 for pickup Monday 18th.
You're in "riverside,ca" and you are coming to Chicago to pick it up instead of staying in CA to get it?

Would love to to know any dates they gave you entering production, in paint, etc, etc so I can judge how long it takes to get to Chicago from those stages?? I'm "in paint depart" yesterday (previous status was BIW (body in white)).