Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the old credits can not be used for the X, but the email said the new $3500 credit (in lieu of the Powerwall) could be used for either X or S. It sounds like gforce heard that it can no be used for the Founders X..which makes no sense to me.

My 'Powerwall' $3500 credit now appears on My Tesla. I'm told I can use it to purchase a service plan for my Founders X, once it arrives. Eight years of service for $300, I can live with that!

Tesla opened the configuration for European FBR Model X yesterday. The design studio shows the standard options for Signature Model X where all extras except from ludicrous mode, cold weather package and tow package are included.

I got the information from my sales advisor that if I want the additional extras I’ll have to pay the base price of the Model X P90D plus 10.900 € for ludicrous mode, 1.100 € for cold weather package and 800 € for tow package.

As far as I read from posts in this forum these extras where included in the US FBR Model X. Is this correct?

It's a little confusing.

In the US, we paid a fixed amount regardless of the options (including Ludicrous, tow, wheels, and cold weather).

Most options showed as included, but ludicrous, tow, wheels, and weather showed their option price. The total was shown, then a credit equal to the amount necessary to bring it back to the fixed price. Taxes were added on at the end, based on the total price, which means paying taxes on the additional options.

My guess is your sales rep just doesn't understand the nuance, which isn't surprising since the FbRs are unusual.

Today I got the official information from Tesla that all extras are included for EU FBRs. Thank you again for the replies.

Additionally Tesla provided some information about the onboard charger for the EU Model X:

- Maximum rate on-board charger will be: 16.5 kW (compared with 22kW with Model S)
- 3-phase: 16.5 kW
- single phase: max 5.5 kW charge rate (7.4 kW with Mobile Connector + blue adapter)
- Type 2 charger on car side similar as with Model S.
- Backwards compatible with Mobile and Wall Connector