Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody enquired with Tesla HQ about the total number of Founder's Editions worldwide and by region up to date ?
Or does anybody know where to best place this question ?
I've compiled a list of what I found out so far through forums and personal knowledge, but that's not exhaustive, for sure.

Who is going to get the100 kWh battery pack retrofitted ?
Has somebody infos on the procedure ?

@bonnie:
is your order imminent now ?
Not quite yet.

I just moved, am leasing a house while house hunting - and charging the Roadster on 110 for now. I'm hoping to delay ordering the X until I have a place of my own and better charging options.

Upgrade procedure for Europe is now confirmed, relevant date is the DELIVERY date, NOT the PRODUCTION date, meaning:
1) X not being delivered (but production finished): €10.900, delivery as P90DL, upgrade to P100DL beginning in January 2017
2) X being delivered: €22.000, upgrade to P100DL beginning in January 2017

Great you took the upgrade!

I am sooooo happy to be privileged to be the first one to drive model X in the Netherlands....

Those 4 weeks earlier delivery (Mainly used for Tesla promotion at stores / roadtrips / SuCs) were totally worth the 11.100 Euro extra I will have to pay now:confused:... I therefore will probably not have the upgrade:(

And yes.... the continuous improvements at Tesla are great, and can always cause "bad timing"...
In the past however, early adopters were rewarded....
1700 Euro discount on price of classic model S (reservation 2012 or earlier)....
Red adapter not delivered? Credit for the inconvenience...
P85D... not Ludicrous? Upgrade for 6100 instead of 11000....for those with early VINs
So... my expectation was not to pay double this time....

Once again... sorry for being negative.
Tesla has great cars, there are some awesome people working over there and the community is Great! (in general;))
When driving... I forget about these "little troubles" (usually)

But I would really have loved to have the extra range and performance:(

Great you took the upgrade!

I am sooooo happy to be privileged to be the first one to drive model X in the Netherlands....

Those 4 weeks earlier delivery (Mainly used for Tesla promotion at stores / roadtrips / SuCs) were totally worth the 11.100 Euro extra I will have to pay now:confused:... I therefore will probably not have the upgrade:(

And yes.... the continuous improvements at Tesla are great, and can always cause "bad timing"...
In the past however, early adopters were rewarded....
1700 Euro discount on price of classic model S (reservation 2012 or earlier)....
Red adapter not delivered? Credit for the inconvenience...
P85D... not Ludicrous? Upgrade for 6100 instead of 11000....for those with early VINs
So... my expectation was not to pay double this time....

Once again... sorry for being negative.
Tesla has great cars, there are some awesome people working over there and the community is Great! (in general;))
When driving... I forget about these "little troubles" (usually)

But I would really have loved to have the extra range and performance:(

I'm so sorry for you and I don't think this was the right way of doing it, especially not for the Founder's owners.
Give the "early adopters" some extra credit, as happened in the past.

The offer was for the 90. But maybe you can cancel it and pay full price for the 100? Doesn't sound like an option I would take. (You might be pleasantly surprised when your X arrives with the "founders" addons. It is only a software add on for the dash and etching on the 2 side markers and the silver lateral piece on the trunk. Doesn't sound too much to me.)