Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Front Windshield Wiper Blades Not User Serviceable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too funny, they are the easiest wiper blades I have ever replaced! I ordered new ones from Tesla SC and replaced them in 2 minutes. They are made by Bosch for Tesla (see Tesla name on bracket), but, as far as I can tell, you can't buy them from Bosch, you have to order them from your Tesla Service Center. Note the perforations and the hose assembly. $55.00 plus tax, oddly no shipping charges were added, so total with tax was $59.13. View attachment 271333

Super - thanks for the info. Will ask my SC.

wipers were out of stock for my first service, there were dangerously worn out and driving was very difficult during heavy snow.and were replaced in August 2017.
I went in for my second service on January 19th last Friday and were replaced again.
I asked them to return my relatively new replaced wipers as got them to keep as a spare.

• Informative
Reactions: EV-lutioin
I have same problem on my X
I bought on Amazon an intermediate nozzle and attached it to water pipe .
The windshield is now wet everywhere.
Tesla must do something about it because it's ridiculous to have to do this DIY on a vehicle of this price
IMG_8138_793488.jpg

My Tesla X is now 2 years old. I am considering replacing the wiper blades in the near future. I have taken one apart, cut off 1/4 in. of rubber and taken the piece to Walmart to find a manufacturer who makes or uses the same rubber pattern. I found one but unfortunately I cannot remember which brand that was suitable. Buy the lengths required, remove the new rubber blades and install on your Tesla wiper arms. I have a service appointment soon and will ask if they would keep a set of used wiper blades assemblies to give to me so that I can refurbish them ready for the next replacement.

Reactions: davewatterson
My Tesla X is now 2 years old. I am considering replacing the wiper blades in the near future. I have taken one apart, cut off 1/4 in. of rubber and taken the piece to Walmart to find a manufacturer who makes or uses the same rubber pattern. I found one but unfortunately I cannot remember which brand that was suitable. Buy the lengths required, remove the new rubber blades and install on your Tesla wiper arms. I have a service appointment soon and will ask if they would keep a set of used wiper blades assemblies to give to me so that I can refurbish them ready for the next replacement.

See this post for wiper replacement:[URL="https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/2497116/"]Model X Front Windshield Wiper Blades Not User Serviceable?[/URL]

Reactions: Rossy
Well just had my first snow salt experience in my X and the wipers + fluid were horrible.

I had to pull over on the highway to stop and allow the fluid to clean the driver side of the nasty salt mix. Bringing into SC in 2 weeks, but this design is not good for Chicago over salted roads.

Here's an even worse Horror Story. We have a buyer coming over later today & my better half couldn't wait for me to hand wash as I always do on the X. She Googled for a touchless car wash place, but it wasn't. Long story short, with wipers in auto mode (thinking it was touchless) it ripped the drivers wiper off at the mounting bracket. I have seen car washes (even touchless) that have warning signs to turn off auto wipers & this place didn't. I dread to think how much that entire mechanism wiring harness & so forth actually costs. They probably won't have it in stock either. Hopefully I can find one before this transaction consummates. They say all rules and signage is Written in Blood, so I suspect they will be putting up a auto wiper off sign, especially after they get the bill for the repairs - which they agreed to.

I spent 20 hours in my car in the last two days and I can't tell you how much I am starting to hate Tesla. It rained pretty much the whole time and I constantly cursed Tesla for producing the most incredible drive train while not being able to produce a functioning intermittent windshield wiper or washer.

WTF???

There are several other issues that just defy credulity, but they aren't relevant to this thread.

I spent 20 hours in my car in the last two days and I can't tell you how much I am starting to hate Tesla. It rained pretty much the whole time and I constantly cursed Tesla for producing the most incredible drive train while not being able to produce a functioning intermittent windshield wiper or washer.

WTF???

There are several other issues that just defy credulity, but they aren't relevant to this thread.

If you have autowiper engaged which is a beta feature and on by default, you can always turn it off and get regular timed intermittent wipers. There are other threads about this, Please, please, please Tesla - could you add intermittent wipers?

For some drivers the Autowiper Neural Network work great, for others they hate it. But there is a Off switch to go back to more normal behavior.

Reactions: puhiniho