TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Headrest Adjustment

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Matt_D, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Matt_D

Matt_D Model S P90D, Sig X

The online manual for Model X states the headrests adjust automatically. Our passenger seat headrest has indeed adjusted by itself once, but not again
    So it is now adjusted up quite a bit.

Has anyone figured out how it should stow again? Moving the seat seems to have no effect anymore.

2. CO2CLEAN

CO2CLEAN Olivier Willemsen

I do not see the text in the online manual that states the headrests adjust automatically. It states that the driver and front passenger headrest can be adjusted via the touchscreen.

3. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

The further back you move the seat, the higher the headrest goes. There seems to be no way to override or change this (for now). I guess the assumption is the further back the seat is, the taller you are.

4. CO2CLEAN

CO2CLEAN Olivier Willemsen

According to the manual you can manually change the height of the headrest. See page 20.

5. elguapo

elguapo Member

Like "cargo" mode, I supposed the touchscreen "buttons" to adjust headrests are forthcoming in an update.

6. Matt_D

Matt_D Model S P90D, Sig X

Thanks -- what I discovered in evaluating different parameters and adjustments in the vehicle, is that (I presume?) since we setup our profiles on an earlier version, the headrest positions were set at "full retract." Unfortunately, getting out of this state is a bit of an exercise in calibration. To recalibrate, you have to select the profile, move to the stops (forward and back,) and then reset the seat to the desired position, and then "re-save." After that, they will behave normally.

7. DarrinR

DarrinR Member

I read the text in the manual but I must be blind because I can't find the setting on the touch screen. Where is it?

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

As elguapo posted, the buttons don't exist (yet).