Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Headrest Adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Matt_D

Model S Plaid 2021, Model X 2019
Sep 3, 2012
Mountain View, CA
The online manual for Model X states the headrests adjust automatically. Our passenger seat headrest has indeed adjusted by itself once, but not again
So it is now adjusted up quite a bit.

Has anyone figured out how it should stow again? Moving the seat seems to have no effect anymore.

The further back you move the seat, the higher the headrest goes. There seems to be no way to override or change this (for now). I guess the assumption is the further back the seat is, the taller you are.

Thanks -- what I discovered in evaluating different parameters and adjustments in the vehicle, is that (I presume?) since we setup our profiles on an earlier version, the headrest positions were set at "full retract." Unfortunately, getting out of this state is a bit of an exercise in calibration. To recalibrate, you have to select the profile, move to the stops (forward and back,) and then reset the seat to the desired position, and then "re-save." After that, they will behave normally.