Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x home outlet over heating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m using this one not sure if it’s cheap i had someone buy the material and instal it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 91
When you say over heat, what are your symptoms. It feels hot to the touch? It is melting the outlet or mobile cable? The circuit breaker trips?
If it is wired correctly, you shouldn't have any of those conditions. You need a 60 amp breaker, 6 gauge wire, and an outlet that is rated at minimum 50 amps. The wiring could be bad as well at the outlet if everything meets stated specs.

When you say over heat, what are your symptoms. It feels hot to the touch? It is melting the outlet or mobile cable? The circuit breaker trips?
If it is wired correctly, you shouldn't have any of those conditions. You need a 60 amp breaker, 6 gauge wire, and an outlet that is rated at minimum 50 amps. The wiring could be bad as well at the outlet if everything meets stated specs.

The outlet and the Tesla charger gets hot and the charger has letters on the charger and the t flashes red and the rest green

OP would also help is u list version of mobile connector if gen 2 max u will get is 32a if gen 1 u will go up to 40a ..without understanding rest of setup hard to get any good answers ;)

Yes it feels warm and i get the one flash red and to be honest i don’t know what generation lol i got my model x 2 months ago so I’m not sure
You would have a gen2. When you are plugged in, look inside the vehicle charging screen. It will pop up when you plug in. Reduce the amperage to 20 to be safe. That should take care of that. You breaker and probably wiring is rated lower than the charger and vehicle amperage. So, you are overheating.

Reactions: 16fragar