Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with my DS 2-3 days ago on an unrelated subject but he mentioned that he is expecting my car to enter production early June. (Next week???) And delivery in the 3rd week of June. I think being so close to the factory may help since TSLA may want to to pull in as much revenue as possible before Q2 closes. I am expecting one of those Cashier Check only deal again as I did for the Model S.

Got roughly the same line from my DS - I'm a 67xx Vin ordered just a few days after you, and he said 1st 2 weeks of June production, but non committal on delivery - late June early July. Also Bay Area.

Got roughly the same line from my DS - I'm a 67xx Vin ordered just a few days after you, and he said 1st 2 weeks of June production, but non committal on delivery - late June early July. Also Bay Area.

You actually have an earlier VIN than mine. Fingers crossed for all of us who live around the factory. I have no doubt that TSLA will try their best to close the deal before end of quarter.

My car was delivered almost 3 months after production. It seems most employees are on a need-to-know basis. The best thing you can do is just ignore estimates and not expect any real time frame. It seem If they run into a problem they have no clue how long it will take to get fixed. Maybe they are learning all new how-to fix procedures for the X.

If they are forecasting deliveries in August for X's ordered today (and June for when this thread started), and they had around 30k pre-orders according to Elon just 9 months ago, then the Q2 numbers for X deliveries are going to be huuuuuuuuggge! 15k? 20k?

They are clearing up that backlog real nicely and it is great that new orders can get processed so quickly!

• Funny
Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
If they are forecasting deliveries in August for X's ordered today (and June for when this thread started), and they had around 30k pre-orders according to Elon just 9 months ago, then the Q2 numbers for X deliveries are going to be huuuuuuuuggge! 15k? 20k?

They are clearing up that backlog real nicely and it is great that new orders can get processed so quickly!
Your Q2 numbers seem a bit exaggerated... But I think that was intentional ;) realistically X deliveries below 10k, more like 7-8k overall. But I sense things will be a lot better in Q3.

Reactions: TMSE
Confirmed my P90D on Feb 7th.
Not sure when VIN 11xx was assigned.
March and April email estimated April/early May delivery.

According to DS this week, delivery to Tyson SC to occur this weekend.

Website still says vehicle "in the factory production queue".

Anyone else have website info vastly different from what the DS is saying?
How does the website info get updated - from SC or Fremont?

Your Q2 numbers seem a bit exaggerated... But I think that was intentional ;) realistically X deliveries below 10k

How so?
They had 30k preorders in October.
They delivered 2500 in q1 and a couple hundred in q4

So it they are now taking new orders, including the lower end version, and delivering them in 2-3 months, they must have clear the vast amount of the backlog by the end of Q2.

There is no way they only did 10k (less than half the orders) while delivering on new cars

This is the exponential ramp they talked about in the beginning of the year

• Funny
Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
How so?
They had 30k preorders in October.
They delivered 2500 in q1 and a couple hundred in q4

So it they are now taking new orders, including the lower end version, and delivering them in 2-3 months, they must have clear the vast amount of the backlog by the end of Q2.

There is no way they only did 10k (less than half the orders) while delivering on new cars

This is the exponential ramp they talked about in the beginning of the year
You are assuming all 30k reservation holders have confirmed, this is not the case afaik.

Correct me if I am wrong, but.. I don't think we have seen VINs much higher than the low 5XXXs being delivered, so how do you come up with over 10k already? I know they are not going exactly in sequence, but if they had delivered near 10k, the new VINs being issued would be well above that!
Me thinks you be the ultimate optimist, this glass isn't half full, it has way over flowed and is filling the neighbor's pool!

Reactions: ksquared
Correct me if I am wrong, but.. I don't think we have seen VINs much higher than the low 5XXXs being delivered, so how do you come up with over 10k already? I know they are not going exactly in sequence, but if they had delivered near 10k, the new VINs being issued would be well above that!
Me thinks you be the ultimate optimist, this glass isn't half full, it has way over flowed and is filling the neighbor's pool!

My high 5xxx was delivered two weeks ago and some reported seeing some 6xxxx

You are assuming all 30k reservation holders have confirmed, this is not the case afaik.

While it feels like MX production has ramped up, it doesn't feel like they hit 750 / week production rate until this month and I'm a little skeptical that they would run the lines at full speed given some problems we're still seeing + number of flawed vehicles still coming off the lines. Thus, a best case scenario of production from May to end of June is 6000 and the production lines were slowed down a bit in April, so maybe 2000 total in April for a total of 8k X's and 12k S's for 20k.

More realistically, I think full production didn't start until recently and we're looking at a slight production miss for this quarter(maybe made up with S's). I think they manufacture 6k up from ~2.3k in Q1, which lines up with VINs now issued in June/July in the 8xxx and 9xxx range.

As far as X demand I think up to 1/3 aren't confirmed or are canceled so they're getting close to the end of the US reservations with 2-3K probably 5 seat and non-SAS 75d configs or about 15k total in the US and 10k international orders.

Last edited:
I just checked my My Tesla page and I now have a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement attached at the bottom with the other docs.
The MVPA is dated today, May 4th.
I was told by my DS that my $5k deposit would not be refunded as the car's price would reflect that deduction and the loan amount would be the MSRP - $5k. However, in this doc it shows that there is a $7 state inspection fee and the remaining $4,993 is due back to me, the buyer.
There is a section on the page where I could Make A Payment, however it shows that: Your Model X is fully paid
The Odometer Mileage shows 50 miles but I'm assuming that's an estimate since I'm pretty sure my car isn't built yet.
It also reads that the vehicle will be delivered on or about 06/03/2016
I will note that June 3rd is exactly 30 days from today so again this could just be default estimates.

@ Loganintx, I have vin 55xx 90D/Red/Tan/Prem/AP also confirmed on 3/18 looking for delivery in Austin. MVPA also executed on May 4, told last week Car is in Paint so hoping for Mid June delivery. When I purchased my S was told payment required before car leaving CA due to TX rules and DS to inform when to make payment...no word yet

• Helpful
Reactions: loganintx
Confirmed my P90D on Feb 7th.
Not sure when VIN 11xx was assigned.
March and April email estimated April/early May delivery.

According to DS this week, delivery to Tyson SC to occur this weekend.

Website still says vehicle "in the factory production queue".

Anyone else have website info vastly different from what the DS is saying?
How does the website info get updated - from SC or Fremont?

Welcome @RClarke

Quick catch-up for you. Website info is not regularly updated and is different from more current DS info. Don't let it freak you out.
Don't go by std forms on website.. your DS should be source of info
Add your specs in your signature - see mine - it helps folks know what group of like cars you are in.
So excited for you.. you should be getting car soon!! Please post pics for those of us waiting!!

@ Loganintx, I have vin 55xx 90D/Red/Tan/Prem/AP also confirmed on 3/18 looking for delivery in Austin. MVPA also executed on May 4, told last week Car is in Paint so hoping for Mid June delivery. When I purchased my S was told payment required before car leaving CA due to TX rules and DS to inform when to make payment...no word yet
I upgraded to Tow Package just a week or so ago. I will get an update from Magz tomorrow to see if mine entered production yet. My MVPA did not update but my Order Agreement did update yesterday.

VABarb, Thanks for the explanation.
I should know tomorrow if the MX was delivered to the SC over the weekend.

I believe I need a few more posts before I can enter a signature. For now,

Model X P90D | VIN 11xx | Solid White | 20 | Ultra White | Dark Ash | 6S | AP | PUP | UHFS | SWP

Stopped by the service center on a whim tonight to see what vehicles were being delivered and guess what? Mine was there!!

So excited. It looks amazing. I can't wait to get behind the wheel.

Quick question to the group as I don't have a great eye for detail, do the doors look misaligned to you? Worth mentioning or not?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    437.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg