Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Email fro my DS this afternoon...
"your vehicle estimated to complete production over this weekend" ....

Think they will push to get it delivered by June 30th to get it under the Q2 wire?? It's just going to Salt Lake City after all!

Hard to be without it, I'm sure. Do you have photos to sustain you?

Picking up mine this evening, assuming that the derecho potential has diminished by then.

You might want to request the door sills to be included, too. I think those are aluminum, and likely not difficult to do. Just a thought.
yup - they are doing whole car and it does include door stops/kickplates

@DiveDeep do you know when yours entered production?

My last communication from DS happened earlier this week, on the 21st said.. "Model X is supposed to begin towards the end of this week!"

Next thing I know today he says the "estimated to complete production over this weekend"..
From what I have seen on factrory tour and videos, the body is welded together as a so called "Body in White" and then is assigned it's VIN. It goes shortly thereafter to the paint shop and then comes back to a holding area that is badsically in the "rafters" where is is kept until the remaining parts are available.
I suspect the DS does not even admit your vehicle is starting production until all the parts are available and it is going down the final assembly line.
To my knowledge when things are going properly it takes way less than a day to run down the assembly line..
Figure TMs stated 2000 vehicles a week, 7 days a week, that means slightly less than ~ 300 a day..
I would estimate the assembly line only has room for ~ 75 cars.. likely less..
SO I would figure that step only takes a few hours given they don't run the line 24 hrs a day yet.. In fact crews go home when the quota of the day is reached!

• Informative
Reactions: Brandon332
My last communication from DS happened earlier this week, on the 21st said.. "Model X is supposed to begin towards the end of this week!"

Next thing I know today he says the "estimated to complete production over this weekend"..
From what I have seen on factrory tour and videos, the body is welded together as a so called "Body in White" and then is assigned it's VIN. It goes shortly thereafter to the paint shop and then comes back to a holding area that is badsically in the "rafters" where is is kept until the remaining parts are available.
I suspect the DS does not even admit your vehicle is starting production until all the parts are available and it is going down the final assembly line.
To my knowledge when things are going properly it takes way less than a day to run down the assembly line..
Figure TMs stated 2000 vehicles a week, 7 days a week, that means slightly less than ~ 300 a day..
I would estimate the assembly line only has room for ~ 75 cars.. likely less..
SO I would figure that step only takes a few hours given they don't run the line 24 hrs a day yet.. In fact crews go home when the quota of the day is reached!

The wait in the "rafters" could be long, if the parts are held-up.

Picked up my X this morning from SLC. To my surprise it had a new firmware update from the last 24-48 hours. The FWDs now only open to umbrella mode by default (but only if there's something above?), and you can then open them the rest of the way if you want. Best part - after opening fully, you can save the location to always open fully!

Fit and finish was pretty dang good. Panels all looked aligned fine. After parking in a steep driveway, then going back home it looked off by a millimeter, but went back to normal later. Seals seem fine. There were a few that at first looked a little odd, but upon closer inspection it was the end of a strip or something and it was supposed to be that way. The front triangle windows are great. Seemed much better than @MikeL's April/May X (the only other X that I've had time to inspect that closely). No wind noise at speed. Strangely there were a few marks on the white seats around a seat belt buckle, and one in the headrest area. But it didn't bother since it looked so beautiful otherwise, and I have to be realistic that this thing is gonna take some wear with 4 small children. No paint problems that I could find. It wasn't quite as shiny as it could be since I requested the predelivery detail not include a wax or seal, as I'll be taking it in to get wrapped. They were super nice about that - even offered to have me bring it back in and they'd do it for free if I changed my mind about the wrap, or it wasn't a full wrap.

It had 14 miles on the odometer at delivery, and they had charged it to 100%. I was glad - drove 147 miles today, at much higher than rated Wh/m (so much fun). The car is simply put, amazing. Absolutely amazing. Any one of the features is enough to drop jaws, but you just keep going through one after another. Got some great reactions from family and friends who we had kept it a secret from. First the fact that I got a Tesla (and the confusion about it being an X, not a 3; the latter everyone knows I have a reservation for) brings grins. Then you open the doors and jaws drop. Then they notice the huge windshield and they freak out. Take'em for a drive and accellerate, and they giggle. Demonstrate autopilot with lane changes, and they freak out again. Seriously, today was way better than Christmas since I was a kid. I must say, though - I've only been in P's before, and while the acceleration is still amazing in a regular 90D, I could definitely tell it just didn't have quite as much oomph as a P. Guess I'll be spending more $$$ on my 3 (X is technically the wife's for toting around the family). Also solves my dilemma about getting a larger battery or not with my 3, since it should be required for P.

The doors have been opened and closed a gazillion times today, in every way imaginable. Passenger door didn't want to shut automatically only once, and I think that's cause it was mad that it didn't want to open with my Ford Focus' mirror a tad too close. Other than that they've been flawless. Fits like a glove in the garage. I raised my garage storage several inches last week, and I have about four inches clearance with the doors fully opened on standard suspension height. LOVE the countdown in inches to the front wall when you pull in.

Yes, I got a sunshade, but I don't plan to use it ever. Tint is pretty good; throw on some sunglasses and it's perfect. We originally said we would get the front windows tinted right away, then decide on the rest. Already decided we'll do the rest (besides the windshield), at the same level as the front.

Got the hitch receiver for the tow package; haven't tried it yet. Gonna be a bit before I go fetch my utility trailer to try it out.

Anything else? I didn't know how lane departure warning works (like virtual rumble strips). That was awesome, a definite squeal of delight moment realizing what was going on. Now I just have to survive commuting in my relative piece of junk Focus for probably two years until I get my 3, while my wife drives the kids around in this remarkable piece of the future called a Model X!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Picked up my X this morning from SLC. To my surprise it had a new firmware update from the last 24-48 hours. The FWDs now only open to umbrella mode by default (but only if there's something above?), and you can then open them the rest of the way if you want. Best part - after opening fully, you can save the location to always open fully!

Fit and finish was pretty dang good. Panels all looked aligned fine. After parking in a steep driveway, then going back home it looked off by a millimeter, but went back to normal later. Seals seem fine. There were a few that at first looked a little odd, but upon closer inspection it was the end of a strip or something and it was supposed to be that way. The front triangle windows are great. Seemed much better than @MikeL's April/May X (the only other X that I've had time to inspect that closely). No wind noise at speed. Strangely there were a few marks on the white seats around a seat belt buckle, and one in the headrest area. But it didn't bother since it looked so beautiful otherwise, and I have to be realistic that this thing is gonna take some wear with 4 small children. No paint problems that I could find. It wasn't quite as shiny as it could be since I requested the predelivery detail not include a wax or seal, as I'll be taking it in to get wrapped. They were super nice about that - even offered to have me bring it back in and they'd do it for free if I changed my mind about the wrap, or it wasn't a full wrap.

It had 14 miles on the odometer at delivery, and they had charged it to 100%. I was glad - drove 147 miles today, at much higher than rated Wh/m (so much fun). The car is simply put, amazing. Absolutely amazing. Any one of the features is enough to drop jaws, but you just keep going through one after another. Got some great reactions from family and friends who we had kept it a secret from. First the fact that I got a Tesla (and the confusion about it being an X, not a 3; the latter everyone knows I have a reservation for) brings grins. Then you open the doors and jaws drop. Then they notice the huge windshield and they freak out. Take'em for a drive and accellerate, and they giggle. Demonstrate autopilot with lane changes, and they freak out again. Seriously, today was way better than Christmas since I was a kid. I must say, though - I've only been in P's before, and while the acceleration is still amazing in a regular 90D, I could definitely tell it just didn't have quite as much oomph as a P. Guess I'll be spending more $$$ on my 3 (X is technically the wife's for toting around the family). Also solves my dilemma about getting a larger battery or not with my 3, since it should be required for P.

The doors have been opened and closed a gazillion times today, in every way imaginable. Passenger door didn't want to shut automatically only once, and I think that's cause it was mad that it didn't want to open with my Ford Focus' mirror a tad too close. Other than that they've been flawless. Fits like a glove in the garage. I raised my garage storage several inches last week, and I have about four inches clearance with the doors fully opened on standard suspension height. LOVE the countdown in inches to the front wall when you pull in.

Yes, I got a sunshade, but I don't plan to use it ever. Tint is pretty good; throw on some sunglasses and it's perfect. We originally said we would get the front windows tinted right away, then decide on the rest. Already decided we'll do the rest (besides the windshield), at the same level as the front.

Got the hitch receiver for the tow package; haven't tried it yet. Gonna be a bit before I go fetch my utility trailer to try it out.

Anything else? I didn't know how lane departure warning works (like virtual rumble strips). That was awesome, a definite squeal of delight moment realizing what was going on. Now I just have to survive commuting in my relative piece of junk Focus for probably two years until I get my 3, while my wife drives the kids around in this remarkable piece of the future called a Model X!!!
Oh, remembered some more. Did a perpendicular auto park at about 145 miles in. Worked perfectly, even had to hit the brakes when someone walked behind me, and then I resumed.

Well crap, now I can't remember the second thing I was gonna say. I must be distracted as I'm sitting in the X in the garage, checking the firmware version.

Oh, remembered some more. Did a perpendicular auto park at about 145 miles in. Worked perfectly, even had to hit the brakes when someone walked behind me, and then I resumed.

Well crap, now I can't remember the second thing I was gonna say. I must be distracted as I'm sitting in the X in the garage, checking the firmware version.
Oh, charge port definitely pops open when I press the button on my UMC, and for the old style wall connector they had at the store.

NOW I remember the second thing. Holy crap yes the A/C compressor is loud. I almost don't want to keep my key in my pocket if it's gonna kick on that loud every time I walk out to the garage, though.

I got pushed back to Thursday 3pm.
I was also told they'll confirm the date on Tues or Wed as it seems there's a chance it could slip.

Hey! I'm on Thursday at 2pm! It would be great if you land that date and time. Maybe we can do the factory tour together. I'll be going with my wife and son (who is 4). Crossing fingers they let him in. He's been asking to go in for months now.

Reactions: WABarb
NOW I remember the second thing. Holy crap yes the A/C compressor is loud. I almost don't want to keep my key in my pocket if it's gonna kick on that loud every time I walk out to the garage, though.
I've had range mode enabled, A/C has been very tame... Temp and humidity have been very high (96+), car is set to 70-73 degrees, only time it was very loud was while supercharging with A/C on.