Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha! Mine showed up at about 9am today. Of all the many events over these last few years to NOT be able to attend. Uugh
the plumbers are coming the very next morning to "repipe" my old house, which is 800 miles away. If you think that sounds expensive, you're right. Oh, and work too, I guess :rolleyes:
Anyway, the rsvp came pre-filled out and the "I will be attending" field had the word NO in it! How did they NO? -know-Noooooo!
please please everybody have fun and put down your devices occasionally to cheer and applaud - if warranted - ha!
(I say that because the D event was eerily quiet cuz the sound of one hand clapping is ...(?))

Agree that they must have invited all reservation holders. I got an invite, and I'm reservation 20,724 (from just a couple weeks ago).
This is actually really smart of Tesla to do. One of the big issues with Model S rollout/ramp-up wasn't actually the production constraint, but the fact that many early reservation holders were skittish about confirming and configuring their cars without being able to see one up close in its various colors and configurations or get hands-on with it. Tesla actually had to shut down the factory for a brief period in 2012 or early 2013 because they had no confirmed/configured cars to build, even with a huge backlog of deposits.

By inviting as many of the Model X reservation holders as possible to this reveal event, they will make it *much* more likely that reservation holders will pull the trigger sooner, rather than waiting for model Xes to spread out to all the factory stores worldwide. Assuming they can handle the capacity, this event should really help reservation holders to feel comfortable pulling the trigger and build up the pipeline of paid orders for delivery in Q4 and early Q1.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did another "all hands on deck" in Q4, actually having everyone other than assembly line workers get on the phone to call reservation holders and personally ask them to get into the design studio to finalize their orders. It's a lot harder to say "No" to a real person than it is to not say "Yes" to a computer screen.

Anyway, very excited to be a part of this. I'll get to see my bro in Oakland, see the X and maybe meet a few of you fine folks.

Got my invite, hesitated too long trying to figure out how and if I wanted to negotiate soccer practice, piano, and other kid duties. Obviously I wasn't committed psychologically. More than anything, it would have been nice to finally meet most of you, the rest will be crystal clear in a mere few thousand posts on TMC. :rolleyes:

Got my invite, hesitated too long trying to figure out how and if I wanted to negotiate soccer practice, piano, and other kid duties. Obviously I wasn't committed psychologically. More than anything, it would have been nice to finally meet most of you, the rest will be crystal clear in a mere few thousand posts on TMC. :rolleyes:

I was in the same boat. I didn't think I would be able to pull it off and then my wife says "just go!" and then the frantic search to get a plus +1 and by the time I committed, it was probably over hours ago. LOL. Would have been nice to put faces to the names that I see on here. It's been a long couple of years. Looking forward to seeing the live stream!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm coming all the way from Akron, Ohio on free airline miles to attend the event! Very excited! Model X Res #19,282.

Oh man you are killin' me!! Way to go. Enjoy. One thing that has gotten me pretty far in life is appreciating the times when I'm with many, many good friends I didn't even know I had. Gotta choose the right place(s) to get that, of course. Let us know how it goes! ️ML

Reservation P19854 - Got Model X launch invite

My day got off to a great start - I got an invite to the Model X launch!

I have a way high Model X reservation - #19854. I desperately wanted us (my wife and me) to be at the launch event. Last night, I decided to send an email to Tesla asking if I could get an invite to the launch event. And voila! this morning, I see an invite in my email. I was ecstatic. I went to RSVP but unfortunately the event was at capacity. What a letdown.

It's a few hours later now as I share my story but surprisingly I still feel great. I feel great that Tesla not only responded to my email but actually granted my request. In my book, that's called going above and beyond! Now, I can't wait for my turn to own Model X!

Apparenly not all the sig members wanted to, or could make it on short notice - so they opened up the event to all the rest of us low lifes. We're # 16,050 and we got a message to RSVP ... but by the time we could confirm a flight and such (2 hour window) the event filled up. Truly sucks. So for a short moment - we almost got to go. (sigh) I'd like to take a life, just thinking about it.
;)
congrats to all the extra folks that get to go.

My day got off to a great start - I got an invite to the Model X launch!

I have a way high Model X reservation - #19854. I desperately wanted us (my wife and me) to be at the launch event. Last night, I decided to send an email to Tesla asking if I could get an invite to the launch event. And voila! this morning, I see an invite in my email. I was ecstatic. I went to RSVP but unfortunately the event was at capacity. What a letdown.

It's a few hours later now as I share my story but surprisingly I still feel great. I feel great that Tesla not only responded to my email but actually granted my request. In my book, that's called going above and beyond! Now, I can't wait for my turn to own Model X!
Sorry to burst your bubble but they sent invites to all remaining reservation holders this morning. Within two hours, they reached capacity and stopped accepting RSVPs. I thought about it for a while but couldn't afford to take all of Wednesday off to fly back since it's the end of the fiscal year and I'm swamped at work. By the time I found a flight that would work, I could no longer RSVP.

It was a pleasant surprise to receive an invite though. Next time, I'm going!

I'm still hoping some of the knee jerk (operative word) folk who RSVP'd before they realized they can't truly make it ... will cancel, and then we can still make it on even super duper ultra extra short notice. We called Tesla, and they said they'd keep us notified if some of the flakes drop out. Rather than fly - under those circumstances, we'd just have to make the 7 hour drive from south O.C. - so we'll see. Yuck. How's that for undying hope.

I'm gonna be going, was thinking of flying but first class is expensive (I'm 6ft9in and 420Lbs, so I might just drive up leisurely in my p85d.

Will stay with a friend in SFO. I can periscope the event on my new 6s plus if there isn't a proper livestream

Would it have possible for anyone to have made refundable travel plans / reservations for an event "... known about since early September ..." and cancelled the reservations if the event you've "... known about since early September ..." did not occur?

Cancelable airline tickets cost 2 to 3 times the amount of non-refundable ones.

- - - Updated - - -

That is just chrome on the T and nose cone, no lights at all.

Until Artsci gets ahold of it, that is. :)

Bonnie, do you have a clue as to what the agenda will for the event on the 29th? Because if it is just a rollout of a MX on a stage with Elon making a few comments, not sure it will be a good investment of time. Any indication that there will be several floor models that we can sit in and explore? Sounds like a large crowd, and I'm really not interested in watching a "D" type extravaganza. Come on, you know. You're the Queen, you have to know!:smile: