Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im only on my phone can't make out if the nose cone is still there? Could someone take screenshot when he drives past it? The car looks great and thx for the video!

Here's a screenshot taken from the original video:

Capture.PNG

Here's a screenshot taken from the original video:

View attachment 83291
Thx, mate! So the NC is there..:/ was going they skipped it.. Still some trim missing.. And clearly still masked.

edit: what more can we make out of the video. Where is anx.ranger when you need him/her always very detailed and speculative posts. Love 'em anx keep it coming. I feel like the latest mules have shown some part at the end of rear window I thought the would go with a continues glass roof.

Last edited:
Thx, mate! So the NC is there..:/ was going they skipped it.. Still some trim missing.. And clearly still masked.

edit: what more can we make out of the video. Where is anx.ranger when you need him/her always very detailed and speculative posts. Love 'em anx keep it coming. I feel like the latest mules have shown some part at the end of rear window I thought the would go with a continues glass roof.

Ha, I see you know how to bait AR into a thread with rear window speculation :wink:

Tbh I can't get any new info out of this video, but it's always nice to see an X driving around.
What made the guy wave at you? When you said that I assumed you were in a Tesla but clearly not. Did he just see you were filming out of the side mirror?

Thanks guys. :) And especially huge thanks for posting new material!

Maybe more detail later but quickly peeking the rear window "ridge" is still there so no continuous glass until the rear tip, whatever - if anything - it means.

Rear-view mirror seems to be there as on the other black mule sighting. No sign of any cameras or new sensors either. As I've said, the latest sightings suggest we haven't seen any either. We may have witnessed new ultrasonic locations and missing parts but probably not seen any new cameras, if there are going to be any.

The nose of course is the interesting part here but I think it is camoed still like on previous mules. Also hard to say if it is final at all. I would say nosecone is there if these mules translate into production but that is speculative of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Driver has no checkered shirt and is making weird hand gestures. :)

The guy probably saw me slow down as I approached and hold up my phone. He knows what's up. I wasn't in my Model S because it's my wife's daily vehicle. I get her 13-year-old Honda Accord as my daily driver.

He should have put up both hands so we could have wildly speculated automated driving.

That said, the speculative pool is rather empty these days. My signature's May summary still seems to apply quite well. I'd say the B pillar camera and lack of rear-view mirror angles have gotten some new, mostly negative data since.

The rear spoiler area mystery is one thing that persists with actual physical evidence that can be seen, alongside crossbeamless front window and towing. Although it is speculative what the rear means if anything. Of course I also expect the mules to reveal the upgraded silhouette of the car already pretty well.

Last edited:
Nice!!! It's looking pretty good! Looks like the plaid shirt guy knows he's popular on this forum!! Feels like he's saying "hi" to all of us!!

Have you not figured it out yet :rolleyes:. All Tesla's employees are on this forum under different alias'. Even Steve J., JBS and Elon.

In fact I am probably the only genuine non Tesla employee or affiliate on this forum.

You are all in on it. :wink:

Have you not figured it out yet :rolleyes:. All Tesla's employees are on this forum under different alias'. Even Steve J., JBS and Elon.

In fact I am probably the only genuine non Tesla employee or affiliate on this forum.

You are all in on it. :wink:

Just the fact that you're denying being a Tesla employee makes you highly suspect. Get back to work & get my X ready!

It's still a mule. The chrome trim from the front door and falcon wing still don't match up! And what is that appendage hanging on the top of the driver's door window?

That's called a forum flap. It's just a piece of construction paper they closed in there to make all of us ask a bunch of off-base questions.

I think they may have bets placed on how many unique off-base theories such a piece of paper might generate.

Sorry to say this but this is starting to get ridiculous. There are still mules driving around and they are still testing!?!? The first MX's are to be delivered in 1.5 months. If they are still testing, how on earth are they going to that? Production line has to be build-up for Tesla and its suppliers, pricing all the approvals from various government agencies...

I would not be surprised I'd they have some huge difficulties with this car and I would not be surprised if another delay is coming, in fact; I would be vey surprised if there would not be a delay. In the mean time no news what so ever from Tesla or Elon.
(Sorry I had to get this off my chest...)