Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are you going to fold that second row seat flat? Look at the leather going down the side - it does not look like you can put the seat flat. Unless the whole seat can somehow pivot.

I don't understand how pivoting would help create a flat cargo area. A flat cargo area is not optional -- the car is not even as functional as the MS without that...

I don't understand how pivoting would help create a flat cargo area. A flat cargo area is not optional -- the car is not even as functional as the MS without that...

By sliding the second row down and forward (back of the seat towards the floor). The third row is folded flat over the second row so that it also serves to protect the second row seats (which faces upward). My 2 cents :)

By sliding the second row down and forward (back of the seat towards the floor). The third row is folded flat over the second row so that it also serves to protect the second row seats (which faces upward). My 2 cents :)

That means you can't fold the 3rd row seats until you have pivoted the second row. Nah.

I do agree it would have to be something like that, though. The backs of those second row seats don't look flat enough to provide a floor for the cargo area and they look like glossy plastic which would be unsuitable for carrying cargo.

And maybe it was all in my head, but I thought the discussion of pivoting seats was such that the outer seats turned sideways to allow ease of entry for the third row and to allow second row passengers to sit and pivot . I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Last edited:
i have a feeling that interior rendering is an old one and not what we are going to see, the second row for example does not impress at all. Looks meh

however having said that I wonder if the second row folds up and down like the chrysler stow n go? Looks like maybe the mechanicals to do that are under the seats

Can we not have the same conversation about folding/pivoting/sliding second row seats in two different threads? IMO that topic deserves its own thread and all of the pictures from the design studio certainly do not belong in the "Mule" thread.

Agreed. It might be time to close the 'mule sighting' thread down or at least push it into the background as the reveal of the actual vehicle should be right around the corner with the design studio opening.

I don't see a point in closing down the mule sighting thread until there's an actual unveiling.

Btw, I haven't seen this other design studio thread yet (maybe I should go find it), but here were images of the Model X in the design studio leaked as well: Tesla Model X Design Studio Images Leaked −

(Nigel & Bonnie are awfully quiet today & yesterday, aren't they? You'd think they'd want a little help from us in choosing their options. :D)

Edit: OK, found the configuration thread. Yeah, plenty of pics there: Model X Configuration has begun!

Last edited:
Well, this thread sure died fast.

At a minimum, it's going to be the most on topic it's ever been. Pictures of mules and people shrugging.

But for now..

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 6.07.55 AM.png

Nice catch - is it just me or is this the first one without any camo (at least the rear)?
Also, the driver's side falcon wing door still seems to be slightly ajar.

I swear, if one more person flashes their high-beams at me to let me know that my falcon wing doors are open, I'm going to scream. Dammit, they won't close any further and I can't seem to get it fixed.