Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X October Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking mine up tomorrow. 9am pickup, then off to a wedding. No time to play with car. Super excited. Here's hoping the 17th announcement has nothing to do with cars. :)

Factory pickup, skipping tour due to time constraints. Will try the tour at a later date.

-ThinkMac-

Tesla replied my email, it was a mistake. They said it will enter production in mid November, therefore, from VIN (252xx) assignment to entering production will take about 30-40 days. It has six seats option. Have to sell my beloved Model S; I can not afford the repair and maintenance when it run out of manufacture warranty. If Tesla is as reliable as Lexus/Toyota, I will keep it as long as possible.

Reservation placed 9/17/14, Order placed 9/9/16 (why yes we did take our sweet time thinking about it) for an X90D six seat config, Order confirmed, delivery date Late Oct/early Nov provided and VIN assigned in rapid succession on 9/17/16. No indication build has started, but we actually can't take delivery until mid Nov due to other issues anyway, so they will hold it for us if it builds/delivers earlier that we are ready to accept it.

Okay, I placed the order for my Model X 90D (6-seat configuration) in mid June and was given a late august / early September delivery estimate but actually received my Model X on Oct 8 (so a little less than 4 months from order placement to receiving the vehicle). So it does a while...

Picked my wife's Model X 90D up yesterday (Confirmation to Delivery took 2 weeks since it was an inventory vehicle). Very nice car, I'm glad we purchased it even with the AutoPilot 2.0 announcement. I have AP 1.0 in my Model S and drive 600 miles a week. I am very happy with the features offered in 1.0 and I don't know if I would get the same value from 2.0 considering how much it costs (8k vs 2.5K). Besides in 8 years when we are ready for some new vehicles I'm certain that technology will be better and will cost less.

Attachments

• 20161026_170303.jpg
    20161026_170303.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 125
Hi Everyone, here are my details:
MX 90D 22xxx
Ordered: 9/16/2016
Confirmed: 9/23/2016
VIN Assigned: 9/24/2016
Began Production: 10/12/2016 (yes, 1 week before the announcement)
Projected Delivery Date: Unknown but they say soon...