Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that adds in additional details such as are these preassembled drivetrains staged in different areas? Do they have that one last one already pre-staged? Does the Robot have to insert/attach/connect the drive train any differently and need to have the setting changed (part of retooling)? Since the P cars only come in 6 seat configuration, do they have the 6 seat units staged or are the three seat second row staged at the line? Then you can get into the brakes. Which brake configuration is ready and staged? I am not sure if there are different trim pieces between the LR and P but if there is then which pieces are ready and staged? There is a lot more than just a preassembled rear drivetrain that has to be taken into the equation.
So the short answer is no. In 2005 I went to Bowling Green Kentucky for a factory pick up of my new Corvette. I got a private tour of the factory and watched how they built cars. On a single assembly line they are building coupes, convertibles - cars with over 11,000 possible different combinations. Today they have 2 motor options. Soon they will be adding a hybrid version with an electric motor up front. ALL on the single assembly line. Teslas are about as simple as you get with limited options. So your staging concern is misplaced. A Corvette has more options on just seats and interior color options, than the entire Model X. A X Plaid has red brake calipers with different pads. Exact same method to build. They use different brake fluid - exact same way to build. Only interior difference is carbon fiber trim vs wood - seats all the same (5-6 or 7) - same build. The dual motor assembly in the rear might add some time to the assembly. Just like the Z06 Corvette does. Thus, they stagger the builds. There is NOT a lot more than just the preassembled rear drivetrain - I wish there was.

9/30 order date
First EDD Nov - Dec
Then miraculously Oct 12 - Oct 26
- ran out and ordered Rims etc too quickly
Then each day that went by an additional day was added
Then Nov 9 - Dec 21
Then Nov 16 - Dec 14
Vin assigned 11/12
EDD Nov 26 - Dec 3

MXLR, 7 Seater, FSD, shocking Free Supercharging transfer. 2023 Build, Fremont

Keeping 2017 100D FSD 6 Seater.

Reactions: eeee-meeee
How does a trade in drop $4k in 30 days? I ordered my X on October 25th and my trade in offer expired. I just submitted a new trade in request and it dropped $4k so frustrating
The used car market overall is starting to collapse. Lots of repo's, voluntary turn in's and auction go backs. The used car high prices of old are starting to fall. Experts predicting the luxury market for used cars are going to have epic drops in value with an overall general drop in value in other other price points. Budget vehicles will retain value or potentially rise due to more customers wanting cheaper cars in this economy/inflation/energy prices.

I've got to think the '24's will have some update. If this was like normal years with no change then they wouldn't need to shut down the line to switch from 23 to 24. But given that they kept producing 23 till now and all the Jan EDD are pushed to late Jan/Early Feb to start, I'm thinking there's a factory shut down necessary to switch from 23 to 24 which would indicate some change to the car. And that would explain why they kept pushing 23's till end of Dec so they wouldn't need to have the shutdown in the 4th Qtr affecting deliveries

I've got to think the '24's will have some update. If this was like normal years with no change then they wouldn't need to shut down the line to switch from 23 to 24. But given that they kept producing 23 till now and all the Jan EDD are pushed to late Jan/Early Feb to start, I'm thinking there's a factory shut down necessary to switch from 23 to 24 which would indicate some change to the car. And that would explain why they kept pushing 23's till end of Dec so they wouldn't need to have the shutdown in the 4th Qtr affecting deliveries
Thought this when I saw how long the wait.