Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They’re doing the same with the all models from what I can see. So this is not specific to just the X. So it’s not a given that something will be coming in Jan/Feb. It does make some sense though for the X.
I have no real clue, but there are a lot of common parts across all models, some of which changed with CT. I have no idea why they started caring about model years all of a sudden, but I'm in the has to be a reason camp. It's exciting. I've been speculating that they wanted to debut new tech with CT prior to rolling into the rest of the fleet. On one hand I hope it is significant, but on the other not too significant to make me want to jump ship with my 23 already.

I have no real clue, but there are a lot of common parts across all models, some of which changed with CT. I have no idea why they started caring about model years all of a sudden, but I'm in the has to be a reason camp. It's exciting. I've been speculating that they wanted to debut new tech with CT prior to rolling into the rest of the fleet. On one hand I hope it is significant, but on the other not too significant to make me want to jump ship with my 23 already.

At minimum I'd like to see the yoke replaced with the cybertruck steering wheel. The round wheel is too boring after seeing the yoke but I'm scared yoke is too impractical

I've got to think the '24's will have some update. If this was like normal years with no change then they wouldn't need to shut down the line to switch from 23 to 24. But given that they kept producing 23 till now and all the Jan EDD are pushed to late Jan/Early Feb to start, I'm thinking there's a factory shut down necessary to switch from 23 to 24 which would indicate some change to the car. And that would explain why they kept pushing 23's till end of Dec so they wouldn't need to have the shutdown in the 4th Qtr affecting deliveries
Why do you think they shut the line down? It's normal that they first produce S/X for export in a quarter and then produce the domestic cars.

That's why the next US cars produced will be towards end of Jan as before that, they produce them for the rest of the world to ship and deliver them before the end of the quarter. Normal practice for every quarter unless I missed an info of a shutdown somewhere.

I’m a little worried about the VIN that was assigned to me before the end of year.

Ordered on 12/18 and was given a Feb / March time to delivery. Then randomly on 12/29 was told my VIN was ready and given a 1/3-1/12 EDD. The VIN reflects a 2023 year and I asked what the build date was - they just responded with “December 8th”.

Why is this car available at all for me?

I’m a little worried about the VIN that was assigned to me before the end of year.

Ordered on 12/18 and was given a Feb / March time to delivery. Then randomly on 12/29 was told my VIN was ready and given a 1/3-1/12 EDD. The VIN reflects a 2023 year and I asked what the build date was - they just responded with “December 8th”.

Why is this car available at all for me?

Nothing out of the ordinary or special. A recently built VIN was available that matched your order and within your delivery area, so they assigned it to you.

Reactions: RyanC1384
Someone might be playing a wait and see on the new Point of Sale $7500 tax credit, and delayed to get the cash during the transaction, which becomes eligible if you take deliver of new clean qualifiying vehicle after 31 Dec 2023.

Reactions: MOD3LR
Called it in Feb 2023 😬

teslascope camera.jpg