Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have yet to see black Model X "Raven Refresh" being delivered. I've seen white, grey and blue thus far.

I’ve noticed that as well. Without any notices to manage customer expectations, one is left in the wild as to wonder why. Or if there is a reason at all.

Black has beat red for last place by only 2% Andy only 3 reds have been ordered since the 23 April notice. Does that mean anything? Ancient astronaut theorists say ‘yes’. (Couldn’t resist).

I’ve noticed that as well. Without any notices to manage customer expectations, one is left in the wild as to wonder why. Or if there is a reason at all.

Black has beat red for last place by only 2% Andy only 3 reds have been ordered since the 23 April notice. Does that mean anything? Ancient astronaut theorists say ‘yes’. (Couldn’t resist).

When I walked into Tesla, I knew exactly what I wanted. Model S/White/White. I walked out ordering a Model X/Black/Black. I should have stuck with the white!

Could this be due to batch/mass production? Maybe they haven't gotten to black yet? I'm not sure. Should I change my configurations to what is being produced? I'm so frustrated. Is this a sign that I should cancel my order and go back to BMW? I held out on getting a new car for a year because my husband was against getting a Tesla for whatever the reason. Now I finally got him on board and crickets! My son (his dream car not mine) custom built an M4 with all the bells and whistles, and it was near $50K less than the Tesla. I am not sure what to do from here.

FEA20BB6-EBA3-4A3B-BBBB-50EF50C83548.jpeg
I have yet to see black Model X "Raven Refresh" being delivered. I've seen white, grey and blue thus far.
I am at the factory in Fremont today for a tour. I will keep an eye out if they take us to the Model X line for any black ones. Any other questions I should ask.

So current US quarterly numbers per the Order/Delivery tracker for Model X as of tonight.
(someone can double check my numbers)

Stats by Status
5 Ordered
32 Order Confirmed
2 Vin Assigned
1 Production Complete
11 Delivery Scheduled

66 Orders
15 Delivered
51 Undelivered

Delivered by Color
1 Black Performance
0 Black LR
0 Silver Performance
2 Silver LR
1 Blue Performance
4 Blue LR
1 White Performance
4 White LR
0 Red Performance
2 Red LR

Confirmation to Delivery Delay (Days)
Minimum 21
Average 29
Max 37
Longest open order without VIN - 23 April
Longest open order with VIN - 19 April

*Assumes all entries reflect actual current status, and all FY2019Q1 units delivered regardless of spreadsheet status.

Based on roughly 1800 in luxury sales last quarter, the numbers should be 600 per month (roughly) meaning the indicated 66 orders (for two months) would represent 1 in 10 orders (once we account for international sales) making the sheet for roughly 660 in US sales.

The spreadsheet is only showing 7 Model S orders this quarter making that number another 70 in sales for a combined total of 730 units.

If all that holds true then multiple be numbers above by 10 and you have market deliveries as a rough order of magnitude.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Amar
I have to say my DS has been pretty good. She calls once a week, we have emailed back and forth. I am not sure she understands my sense of humor - but on the other hand Im sure it's difficult calling folks and telling them "not yet" all day.
At least you know someone is checking on things for you. I called Tesla Costa Mesa asking who my DS is and his response was, you don’t have a specific person, we are a team of about 20. ‍ I’m on the verge of canceling. I’m gonna give it another week and see. Otherwise, I’m just so frustrated and stressed to do this any longer.

Ordered May 11. Confirmed the 12th.
No updates.
  • Model X Long Range
  • Solid Black
  • 22" Onyx Black Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
Suddenly notified today that it is in transit to MN. Surprising don't see Vin.
Delivery scheduled for June 8th

Nice. Your confirmation date is only 4 days ahead of mine and I'm about 1500 miles closer to the factory. So there's hope for me yet for June...

At least you know someone is checking on things for you. I called Tesla Costa Mesa asking who my DS is and his response was, you don’t have a specific person, we are a team of about 20. ‍ I’m on the verge of canceling. I’m gonna give it another week and see. Otherwise, I’m just so frustrated and stressed to do this any longer.

So before cancelling take a look at the google sheet and try to keep everything in perspective. Yes, it’s hard waiting - especially in the era of Amazon. But, think about why you ordered in he first place. I think I will be at the 41 day mark if my order is delivered at the right time (and in the right configuration). If you’re thinking tax credits - I’d give it until the end of the month. At that point I’d call and say ‘your estimator said I’d have it by this time, it’s beyond that time and that delay cost me $1800 in tax benefit. What can you do for me?”

Looks like they are shipping out the black units now, and Tesla will make a push to get as many units out before end of quarter so ... I’d say you have a decent chance of getting it this month.

Reactions: osoriomm
So before cancelling take a look at the google sheet and try to keep everything in perspective. Yes, it’s hard waiting - especially in the era of Amazon. But, think about why you ordered in he first place. I think I will be at the 41 day mark if my order is delivered at the right time (and in the right configuration). If you’re thinking tax credits - I’d give it until the end of the month. At that point I’d call and say ‘your estimator said I’d have it by this time, it’s beyond that time and that delay cost me $1800 in tax benefit. What can you do for me?”

Looks like they are shipping out the black units now, and Tesla will make a push to get as many units out before end of quarter so ... I’d say you have a decent chance of getting it this month.
Thanks for the encouragement! You are right, I am being inpatient and need to trust the process. I guess it is more difficult for me because I sold my car and currently using my son’s car. I have always walked into a dealership and walked out with what I wanted. This process is so different and the lack of communication makes it more challenging. Thanks again!

Reactions: CoffeeMan
I think the one thing everyone has in common in the frustration with the lack of credible information from Tesla. I'd have no problem waiting if they could give me a firm date from the beginning. Since there is no apparent or accurate delivery date when you order, I'd be embarrassed to tell you the number of times 'per hour' that I check my online account for an update, lol. Now I'm grateful that I'm one week away. Total time from online order and deposit to scheduled delivery is 28 days. Good luck to all.

I think the one thing everyone has in common in the frustration with the lack of credible information from Tesla. I'd have no problem waiting if they could give me a firm date from the beginning. Since there is no apparent or accurate delivery date when you order, I'd be embarrassed to tell you the number of times 'per hour' that I check my online account for an update, lol. Now I'm grateful that I'm one week away. Total time from online order and deposit to scheduled delivery is 28 days. Good luck to all.

Gasp! They just updated my account with a Vin!

I have just spoken with Tesla; called the number on my account. I never enter my zip code and always get a rep that brings me up to speed. To recap some of the previous post:
May 20th; I ordered a Black, Model X Performance with Ludicrious, 22in wheels, carbon fiber interior, 5 white seats, FSD and the new Raven suspension. I was called from Tesla last week to confirm my delivery date of June 11th, although there is no VIN in my online account. I called Tesla today and was given have a VIN 5YJXCDE40KF161610. The rep stated the build is slated for completion on June 9th. I live in Central Florida and states the delivery of June 11thy is still good.
I hope this helps some.

• Informative
I have just spoken with Tesla; called the number on my account. I never enter my zip code and always get a rep that brings me up to speed. To recap some of the previous post:
May 20th; I ordered a Black, Model X Performance with Ludicrious, 22in wheels, carbon fiber interior, 5 white seats, FSD and the new Raven suspension. I was called from Tesla last week to confirm my delivery date of June 11th, although there is no VIN in my online account. I called Tesla today and was given have a VIN 5YJXCDE40KF161610. The rep stated the build is slated for completion on June 9th. I live in Central Florida and states the delivery of June 11thy is still good.
I hope this helps some.

I followed your lead and called the main Tesla #, chose sales, existing order, did not enter a zip. Spoke to a helpful rep that told me that my car is built but not yet through inspections. I told her my lender is waiting on the MVPA and she emailed it to me a few minutes later.

So, to summarize:
-Ordered 5/16, confirmed 5/18
-No VIN on my account yet, but it started showing in the page source on Sat
-I have my MVPA after calling in. (and the VIN matches the page source VIN)

My guess is that maybe the account doesn't update to show the VIN and MVPA until the car has passed inspection? Just a wild guess.