Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
Yeah that is the timeline I figured…. Looks like I’m probably 3-4 weeks away. Though I will say my estimated delivery date just changed from June-July 2023 and now says June 14th-July 3rd. Pretty weird since today is June 14th lol. Still no Vin though. Still shows the RN #.

I want to get my car wrapped as well. Vinyl wrap only is a color change and doesn’t really protect the car. PPF protects the car but I don’t really want a clear wrap (even if I can go with the stealth and give the car more of a matte look). So what do I do?

Well… XPEL does have colored PPF options available to give guys like me that color change we want while also offering that same protection I hear. Just need to think of the color I’m gonna go with. I do know I will want the badges and Tesla letters to be wrapped in a different color.

Going full colored PPF around the entire car, a ceramic coating, and dark window tint for sure. Wonder how much that will run me lol.

My details:

Model X Plaid
White on white
20” wheels
Yoke steering
No FSD or enhanced autopilot
Ordered: June 7th.
Thereotically speaking, a vinyl wrap will still protect your X. It still is a "film" that protects your paint. If you are after the factory color in matte look, XPEL does have PPF matte wrap. But if you want to completely change the color, then vinyl is your only bet.

A ceramic coating is an added layer of protection. So you will be fine! Just enjoy the 1020HP! :)

Update: my original estimated delivery date was June-July (same as when you go to order the car) and it stayed that way for about a week. I ordered on June 7th.

Then on June 14th, my delivery estimate changed. Showing June 14th-July 3rd.

Then on June 15th, it showed a delivery estimate of June 15th-July 3rd.

And now today (June 16th), it’s showing an estimate of June 16th- July 3rd.

I’m assuming tomorrow will continue the pattern lol. At least the end of the estimate ain’t moving. Though I must admit I am cautiously optimistic. Getting it even July 3rd would be less than a month since I ordered. Is that doable? What are other experiences of people who ordered a MXP and took delivery recently?

Million Dollar Question!!!. Tesla has reduced X price to ~88k including rebates and credit points. Will they reduce another 8k to bring MSRP below 80k so that we all qualify for 7.5k rebate to get it for 72.5k?

My thought is it will happen by Jan, 2024 because there is not much sale they have for X and S compared to Y and 3.

Million Dollar Question!!!. Tesla has reduced X price to ~88k including rebates and credit points. Will they reduce another 8k to bring MSRP below 80k so that we all qualify for 7.5k rebate to get it for 72.5k?

My thought is it will happen by Jan, 2024 because there is not much sale they have for X and S compared to Y and 3.
unpredictable...Tesla values month end/qtr end revenue, so they will do some crazy things during that time. June end is here, so wouldn't be surpirsed they drop prices on exisiting inventory.

So an update....

I ordered on 6/07. We were accepted so we went ahead and confirmed the financing details with a $4,500 down payment. We ended up getting a VIN on 6/20 and we added it to our insurance and uploaded proof. You know... the typical ordering process for Tesla. But here is where it got bazar...

All of a sudden... it now shows a -$700 amount do. Huh? When I investigated further it shows $1,000 referral credit (which I am assuming I gave to myself since I already purchased a 2021 Model 3 LR 2 years ago), but it also shows a -$5,000 price adjustment. I don't think tesla dropped their prices yet again this quickly so perhaps they gave me a new inventory vehicle at a discounted price? I really don't care if that means I will not have to pay a dime at delivery. To go from planning to drop $4,500 at delivery to them owing me $700 is pretty cool. I mean a brand new car is a brand new car right?

I called Tesla to inquire and they cant tell me either way what the $5,000 difference is (big surprise, they never know anything) but he was able to tell me that my car was built on June 16th of this month and is scheduled to arrive in Glendale Arizona tomorrow (June 24th). That is 7.5 hours away from Sante Fe NM, which is the tesla center where they have me picking up the vehicle. Sucks I have to drive an hour to that tesla center when they literally just built one 5 minutes away from my house in Rio Rancho NM (they allow test drives there already).

Anyways... long story short... My delivery window says 6/23 - 7/01. Unable to sign any agreements yet and I have not had an official rep through this entire experience. I'm hoping I get it before July 1st because I'm leaving for my honeymoon (walt Disney world) and will be gone from 07/01 - 07/04. What is the probability we will get our hand son the car before July 1st?

Ordering Specs & Timeline:

Ordering Date: June 7th
Vin Date: June 20th
Current Estimate: June 23rd - July 1st

2023 White Model X Plaid
White interior with yoke
20" wheels
No FSD or advanced autopilot

Last edited:
So an update....

I ordered on 6/07. We were accepted so we went ahead and confirmed the financing details with a $4,500 down payment. We ended up getting a VIN on 6/20 and we added it to our insurance and uploaded proof. You know... the typical ordering process for Tesla. But here is where it got bazar...

All of a sudden... it now shows a -$700 amount do. Huh? When I investigated further it shows $1,000 referral credit (which I am assuming I gave to myself since I already purchased a 2021 Model 3 LR 2 years ago), but it also shows a -$5,000 price adjustment. I don't think tesla dropped their prices yet again this quickly so perhaps they gave me a new inventory vehicle at a discounted price? I really don't care if that means I will not have to pay a dime at delivery. To go from planning to drop $4,500 at delivery to them owing me $700 is pretty cool. I mean a brand new car is a brand new car right?

I called Tesla to inquire and they cant tell me either way what the $5,000 difference is (big surprise, they never know anything) but he was able to tell me that my car was built on June 16th of this month and is scheduled to arrive in Glendale Arizona tomorrow (June 24th). That is 7.5 hours away from Sante Fe NM, which is the tesla center where they have me picking up the vehicle. Sucks I have to drive an hour to that tesla center when they literally just built one 5 minutes away from my house in Rio Rancho NM (they allow test drives there already).

Anyways... long story short... My delivery window says 6/23 - 7/01. Unable to sign any agreements yet and I have not had an official rep through this entire experience. I'm hoping I get it before July 1st because I'm leaving for my honeymoon (walt Disney world) and will be gone from 07/01 - 07/04. What is the probability we will get our hand son the car before July 1st?

Ordering Specs & Timeline:

Ordering Date: June 7th
Vin Date: June 20th
Current Estimate: June 23rd - July 1st

2023 White Model X Plaid
White interior with yoke
20" wheels
No FSD or advanced autopilot
The $5000 difference is the current discount for an in-inventory MXP. I presume that means they matched you with an inventory car.

Okay so I picked up my MXP today. Here is the rundown…

It was nice and clean. A couple minor panel gaps that you almost expect with Tesla at this point but otherwise everything worked and looked as it should…

After driving it for a while and calibrating the cameras… autopilot still won’t work. I have it being fixed at my local service center right now. The guy said it will take less than an hour and that the cameras just need aligned.

I’m also getting an error message about park assist. Saying park assist is defeated and that object distances may be inconsistent. Tesla said this will resolve in a future update. I am currently on factory software version 2023.12.300

IMG_3167.jpeg

IMG_3168.jpeg

Other then that… no issues noted…

Some other things of note:

1.) I was surprised to see my June 16th build have the plaid BADGE on the back instead of the word PLAID

2.) Also surprised to have the red brake calipers

3.) HW4 confirmed

4.) Matrix headlights

5.) 3 years of free supercharging appeared under specs and warranty in my Tesla app

My Tesla:

2023 Model X Plaid
White paint, white interior
20” wheels
Yoke

It was nice and clean. A couple minor panel gaps that you almost expect with Tesla at this point but otherwise everything worked and looked as it should…

After driving it for a while and calibrating the cameras… autopilot still won’t work. I have it being fixed at my local service center right now. The guy said it will take less than an hour and that the cameras just need aligned.

I’m also getting an error message about park assist. Saying park assist is defeated and that object distances may be inconsistent. Tesla said this will resolve in a future update. I am currently on factory software version 2023.12.300

View attachment 952186
View attachment 952187

1.) I was surprised to see my June 16th build have the plaid BADGE on the back instead of the word PLAID

3.) HW4 confirmed

4.) Matrix headlights

5.) 3 years of free supercharging appeared under specs and warranty in my Tesla app

My Tesla:

2023 Model X Plaid
20” wheels
Yoke
Nice car. What is the last 5 of your vin?

Thanks.

View attachment 952186
View attachment 952187

3.) HW4 confirmed

4.) Matrix headlights

My Tesla:

2023 Model X Plaid
20” wheels
Yoke
super nice! can you snap a pic of the headlights? curious to know how the matrix actually looks like.