TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X parcel shelf

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by chloedog, May 2, 2016.

1. chloedog

chloedog Member

Anybody know if the parcel shelf for the trunk comes free with the model X? If not, anybody know if the parcel shelf for the model s will fit the model X?

2. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

I received it free with my Signature X, but I don't know if it's included with production X's. Here are pictures of both the Parcel shelf and the privacy cover that is attached to the rear lift back hatch. I haven't tried it yet, but from the looks of Model S parcel shelf, it doesn't appear it will fit the Model X hatch.

In terms of privacy, the rear windows are heavily tinted, so in most cases the privacy screen or parcel shelf don't add a significant amount of privacy to the rear hatch. If someone comes right up to the car and peers in, if it's bright out they can see inside, but if it's darker or night, it's very difficult to see inside the rear hatch area or see through the rear side windows.

One interesting side effect of having the X parcel shelf installed is (to my ears) a definite improvement in the bass response of the car sound system. I can run the low EQ at zero when I have the shelf installed. Without it, I was running the Low EQ around +5 to +7 to get what I thought was a fairly neutral bass response curve.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 5
  3. 7racer

7racer Member

damn...didn't get that with my Sig X.

• Dislike x 1
  4. chloedog

chloedog Member

any non-sigs get this? should we be asking for this when we take delivery?

• Like x 1
  5. ModelX

ModelX Member

My friends with a sig didn't get this. I think blurry eyed may be part of a low number who received it.

• Informative x 1
  6. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Do not want!o_O

7. vangogh

vangogh Member

I didn't get it but I'm sure it would just be collecting dust in my garage if I had...

• Like x 1
  8. NoVIN4Me

NoVIN4Me Member

My production p90 does not have it. Didn't even know this exists! Does it go over the third row seat so you need to remove it when you need the 3rd row?

9. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yup. you would have to remove the shelf bit. I think the bit that attaches to the hatch would be able to stay put though. Elon's X that he let us all crawl all over at the reveal had that and I remember it fitting behind the 3rd row.

10. grommet

grommet Member

Wow, that parcel shelf makes the 6 seat config look even more like an afterthought. Tesla really needs to make something (cleanly designed, hopefully) to block stuff in the folded cargo area from flying into canyon between the 2nd row seats.