Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x payment for supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some Superchargers are faulty - move to another stall if only getting low charge

o_O

Wow..

Bought Mx on 30th sept, 2018 with free life time super charging and have used it on and off and now since Monday being charged at .28/kw!
Anyone any idea why?

Were you always charged or just recently? Contact your SC, free supercharging is a configuration change on the car. It may be that your car wasn't tagged with it when you bought it. That would be a reason as to why you're accumulating cost when you charge.

I couldn't tell whether you were being charged or not, but if you are only getting 28 kw, you need to move to another charger. Whenever possible, make sure that you aren't sharing a charger with another car (some have an A/B configuration), so avoid being next to another car if you can.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
Some Superchargers are faulty - move to another stall if only getting low charge

I couldn't tell whether you were being charged or not, but if you are only getting 28 kw, you need to move to another charger. Whenever possible, make sure that you aren't sharing a charger with another car (some have an A/B configuration), so avoid being next to another car if you can.

They are talking about being billed at 0.28 cents... Not their actual charging rate...

o_O

Wow..

Were you always charged or just recently? Contact your SC, free supercharging is a configuration change on the car. It may be that your car wasn't tagged with it when you bought it. That would be a reason as to why you're accumulating cost when you charge.

Was free until Monday wherever I charged. I emailed Teslasupport but no answer from as yet

Maybe I didn’t mention right, I am being charged at a rate of 28 cents/ kwh since Monday and have been charging free at all Superchargers since I bought it on 30th sept, last year. Have been at the same place without issues until Monday

Is it possible they configured it as 400kw free per year and you just ran out of that?

You still need to contact them and sort out the supposed to be free but this could explain the sudden change.
I have an appointment with them for a different reason, will discuss with them and sort it out.
When I bought it they said it was free life time charging and this is what I remember.

Having issues with falcon doors not aligning properly!

Have Noticed an email from Tesla Regarding being Charged for Charging, but came up to a $0.00 Balance. However, it did Alert me to the Change Tesla has made for Staying at Chargers beyond the Allotted Time to Substantially Charge. In other words “ No Loitering” once your vehicle has become substantially charged. Now I feel “Educated”. Thanks.

OMG those first few answers. LOL!

Some people are so quick to respond that they dont fully read the question.

Very curious how this turns out. I am currently looking for an X with unlimited supercharging.

If shopping new - they all have them.
If shopping used, from Tesla, then none of them will have it, you'd have to go private party that includes the transferable supercharging provision.

Very curious how this turns out. I am currently looking for an X with unlimited supercharging.

Really put some numbers down before you force yourself to narrow down the search to a car with free Supercharging. Electricity at home or Supercharging is cheap, and most likely you will not Supercharge as often as you think.

I thought Supercharging it was a big thing until I got my car with free Supercharging. Then, like many other people that have free Supercharging, found I did not supercharge that often. It is just much more convenient to charge at home. And once you break free of the whole gas station for fuel paradigm you realize how silly it is to be overly concerned about free Supercharging. And when you go out to the car in the morning and see if "full" ever morning you just smile and relax. And laugh as you pass by gas stations.

Really put some numbers down before you force yourself to narrow down the search to a car with free Supercharging. Electricity at home or Supercharging is cheap, and most likely you will not Supercharge as often as you think.

I thought Supercharging it was a big thing until I got my car with free Supercharging. Then, like many other people that have free Supercharging, found I did not supercharge that often. It is just much more convenient to charge at home. And once you break free of the whole gas station for fuel paradigm you realize how silly it is to be overly concerned about free Supercharging. And when you go out to the car in the morning and see if "full" ever morning you just smile and relax. And laugh as you pass by gas stations.

But, that also depends on everyone's situation. I am glad that I have free Supercharging with mine - I don't plan to charge at home, ever, as I live next to a Supercharger. Electric rates for me are almost close to the Supercharging rates (average $0.24, versus SC, which I believe is $0.32)... The proximity to the Supercharging station just makes it a no-brainer to charge up there.