Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Production ramp up discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that more than 1,000 sig reservation holders seem to have been invited to configure. But I'm not sure what to make out of it. Will Tesla deliver these ~1,000 cars in the next two months or so? Or by the end of the year, just for Xmas maybe? More information needed.
No one knows. And the odd thing is that even the very first people to have clicked the order button still have no delivery estimate. The rumor continues to be that Tesla will try to deliver the Sigs before the end of the year. We'll see.

Has this been posted yet? Motley Fool guys (who are bullish on TSLA) posted details of a conversation with Elon Musk, saying specifically that the windshield and 2nd row seats are still in short supply.

You know, AR's been off the forum for a while, so I'm going to fill in for him here.

"Isn't this partly what Eds said?"

Apologies in advance specifically to dsm363, who is in no way interested in hearing more of this. :wink:

You know, AR's been off the forum for a while, so I'm going to fill in for him here.

"Isn't this partly what Eds said?"

Apologies in advance specifically to dsm363, who is in no way interested in hearing more of this. :wink:

I met him at the X reveal: He said he really enjoys it...so carry on!:biggrin:

Investors today are saying between 4400 and 9300 model x's by end of 4th quarter.

Not going to happen IMO.

I might change my mind if Signature Series reservation holders get firm delivery dates, and regular production series reservation holders start getting invites to configure their vehicles. However I think that even 4,400 Model X deliveries for 2015 is wildly optimistic.

Not going to happen IMO.

I might change my mind if Signature Series reservation holders get firm delivery dates, and regular production series reservation holders start getting invites to configure their vehicles. However I think that even 4,400 Model X deliveries for 2015 is wildly optimistic.
+1 While I might be hoping to get mine by year end I'm expecting more like mid to end of January. Production reservation was listed as sequence #3984 before they hid it.

I'm production 2,567 and just told my kids it'll be February or March. We know there can't be any scalable production happening if Sig #2 doesn't have a delivery date.
I'm curious about the question that's been raised as to whether the Founders even really took possession of their cars after the event. Shouldn't we have seen or heard more if so? OTOH, not sure I want to know...

I'm production 2,567 and just told my kids it'll be February or March. We know there can't be any scalable production happening if Sig #2 doesn't have a delivery date.
I'm curious about the question that's been raised as to whether the Founders even really took possession of their cars after the event. Shouldn't we have seen or heard more if so? OTOH, not sure I want to know...

Just to make sure, there's no misunderstanding: Six of them took delivery right during the event - that was even on stage. Or are you suggesting there's more Founders that are still waiting for their delivery?

Just to make sure, there's no misunderstanding: Six of them took delivery right during the event - that was even on stage. Or are you suggesting there's more Founders that are still waiting for their delivery?
SOmeone on another thread suggested maybe the founders had accepted the keys on stage but given the cars back. But I apparently missed the "unboxing" thread and I think that puts that rumor to bed. Question retracted!

...I'm curious about the question that's been raised as to whether the Founders even really took possession of their cars after the event. Shouldn't we have seen or heard more if so? OTOH, not sure I want to know...
In addition to the unboxing video (Citrix CEO, who had his car delivered to Florida), Steve Jurvetson's friend Bubba Murarka has also been posting pictures and short videos of driving with Steve in his Model X:

Bubba Murarka (@bubbam) | Twitter