Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Production ramp up discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been a big rush today of assigned VIN's. We just got ours today in the 480's, even though our original sequence number was Sig# 1015.

If delivery is really going to be around 6 weeks after assignment of the VIN, we might actually have our beautiful Sig Red X by Christmas -- or should I say X-mas !

Ron

There has been a big rush today of assigned VIN's. We just got ours today in the 480's, even though our original sequence number was Sig# 1015.

If delivery is really going to be around 6 weeks after assignment of the VIN, we might actually have our beautiful Sig Red X by Christmas -- or should I say X-mas !

Ron

Oh man, I thought I was special... I even started a new thread for it. Oh well.

sweet! got another email from my DS! WHOOOOO HOOOO!!!

Just wanted to send you a quick note that I noticed that your Model X as just entered production and is now a metal shell! Soon after, it will head into paint. I’ll keep you posted with any other updates as I see them.

Best,

sweet! got another email from my DS! WHOOOOO HOOOO!!!

Oh My! Congrats! This is GREAT news! Ladies and gentleman, we have confirmation that a signature series Model X is in Body-In-White form and will be headed to paint shop! This is for sig #171.

I can only imagine tesla is starting to put other sigs into production too. I suspected this would happen this week!

I expect Tesla to go very slowly on assembling each Sig MX. I'm sure they'll want to be certain of initial quality. That being said, ramping in the coming weeks should improve.

Hey, 7Racer. Thx. Will you let us know if/when your my tesla page changes over to "in production"?!

thanks again, you made my whole day/week

Oh My! Congrats! This is GREAT news! Ladies and gentleman, we have confirmation that a signature series Model X is in Body-In-White form and will be headed to paint shop! This is for sig #171.

I can only imagine tesla is starting to put other sigs into production too. I suspected this would happen this week!

I expect Tesla to go very slowly on assembling each Sig MX. I'm sure they'll want to be certain of initial quality. That being said, ramping in the coming weeks should improve.

Hey, 7Racer. Thx. Will you let us know if/when your my tesla page changes over to "in production"?!

thanks again, you made my whole day/week

I get busy during the week so don't log into the tesla website much so appreciate the updates from my DS.

No changes on myteslamotors page

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sig #292 vin 131. I would like to know what the vin is for 7racer. I can't seem to get any specific info from my DES.

116 is my VIN

- - - Updated - - -

He is VIN 171

Sig 171 Vin 116 :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday my DS said that VIN number does not equal production sequence, presumably due to production batching. 7racer, what's your config?

here you go!

- - - Updated - - -

Does your my.teslamotors.com page show any updated information?

not as of yet

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 1.12.36 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 1.12.36 AM.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 138
I wonder if the fact that 7racer opted for ludicrous has anything to do with his car being in production. That would be consistent with how Tesla prioritized the Model S rollout in the past. Most expensive builds get priority.

ugh...I am soooooo sorry for releasing the info that I had with my DS. Apparently it caused a huge influx of calls and concerns to DS across the country and my DS to get into hot water from Tesla.

I was hoping to just update the forum and give good news that production looked like it was ramping up, not to spur crazy calls to Tesla.

Formal apologies to my DS.
No more updates from me until I get delivery.