Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if stitching is fraying they will replace it? i have fraying on the driver door handle that's annoying
Yeah - was something identified at delivery and documented. Small fraying resulted in them replacing the full dashboard top
D8004EAD-378B-41A1-BA7F-5703B1ADBCC6.jpeg

I brought mine in for the same reason. It seems better, but not completely gone. Fortunately, they didn’t damage anything else. I heard about somebody else saying that the SC damaged the Alcântara on one of their A pillars removing the speaker grille.
Might have been me as that happened to me. They also scratched the main screen (had it replaced already), one of the white dash pieces (awaiting parts) and the secondary PNDR selector below the wireless charging pad (already replaced). Hoping my appointment next week is the last for a while :)

Has anybody seen something like this? Seems like fingerprints or something in between the double pane glass. It is in both driver and passenger side window. I tried to clean it off but with no luck.

Attachments

• 0431DECE-D31B-4DC2-8B55-682AA2F88753.jpeg
    0431DECE-D31B-4DC2-8B55-682AA2F88753.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 162
  • Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Has anybody seen something like this? Seems like fingerprints or something in between the double pane glass. It is in both driver and passenger side window. I tried to clean it off but with no luck.
I highly doubt it's in between the panes of glass as I'm sure it's a robotic manufacturing process with no humans involved. You might try some mildly abrasive glass cleaner (Amazon.com) as this stuff is great at cleaning off things stuck to glass.

Reactions: bigal1267
My charging connector wand seems to have suddenly stopped opening the charge port door.. has anyone else had this happen and what is the solution? It does open from the app or touchscreen, just not the charging wand which is odd. It was working for the first few weeks. Also still receiving random turn signal faults.

Reactions: Vitaman
My charging connector wand seems to have suddenly stopped opening the charge port door.. has anyone else had this happen and what is the solution? It does open from the app or touchscreen, just not the charging wand which is odd. It was working for the first few weeks. Also still receiving random turn signal faults.
What software version are you on? This was an issue for everyone on the earlier first couple of versions for this car. It’s been fixed in subsequent releases, even though it still happens to me every once in a while

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
The HEPA filter is located between the firewall and the air suspension tank. You can easily see it with the rear frunk trim panel removed. What I find interesting is that HVAC air intake is located "inside" this compartment, unlike the refresh Model S air intake which is located on the trim panel between the frunk-pan and windshield in front of the wipers. From what I could see, the Model X HVAC air intake is pulling in outside air from around the front tires - which also seems to be the same location where the radiator exhaust air is dumped.
I removed the frunk tub and cover. Are you saying that the grilled box with silvery mesh is where the HEPA filter is located? (See attached picture. )

Attachments

• 20220507_121129.jpg
    20220507_121129.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 141
My X has a lot of wind noise from the drivers side window. Looking at it, it seems like it’s missing some of the rubber seal on the edge closest to the door. There is also a weird ripple in the rubber gasket where the window is. Bring it in tomorrow for that and a random one time “your car may not restart” error but it did anyways Post supercharging (which I’ve done since and before)

My X has a lot of wind noise from the drivers side window. Looking at it, it seems like it’s missing some of the rubber seal on the edge closest to the door. There is also a weird ripple in the rubber gasket where the window is. Bring it in tomorrow for that and a random one time “your car may not restart” error but it did anyways Post supercharging (which I’ve done since and before)
I also have wind noise, but I am not certain it’s not caused by my tiny seam. I will have the front window film removed to test the theory

Can folks here who have their X's check for the grease plug that should be in the tow receiver port behind the tow door when your modular receiver is not installed?

Tesla wants to charge me $143 for that missing tow receiver port grease retaining plug.
My March, 22 build 337 SN has the plug.
The clicks adapt to the sound level of the entertainment system and speed. You might try Joe Mode, that reduces all vehicle tone/clicks/beeps a significant amount (for me, a bit too much).
Note: per the manual, Joe Mode does not affect turn signals. It could be the haptic vibrator. IIRC Ryan Huber had a issue on his S Plaid where the vibrator was loose and making an awful racket.

Anyone get the speaker grill squeak fixed by their SC?

I took mine into the SC a few weeks ago where I was getting squeaks on bumps (1% of the time). It got "fixed" and was great for a few days.

Then it got severely worse - now it squeaks ~30% of the time.
I had mine "fixed." It was better during the ride home. Now, if it's less than 50 degrees out, the squeak is intolerable. Ruins the whole experience for me. Worse, when they were "fixing" it, they scraped the yoke cover, left a nick in the wood trim, and left the car very dirty (not to mention random screws left in the cupholder). I'm not excited for them to "fix" it again.