Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a Model X in March 2022. The driver-side door (both now and at the time of delivery) does not close in a manner that is flush with the passenger doors. The falcon wing door handles also do not align on one side. And trimming is coming off near the bottom of the vehicle under a door. Again, these were all issues at delivery but did not raise. Am I SOL on these issues? Or is there a chance Tesla will address them at no cost. Thanks so much in advance!
any photos for reference here? Thanks

Attachments

• Tesla Door.jpg
    Tesla Door.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Tesla Door Panel.jpg
    Tesla Door Panel.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: BonB
The bottom black trim looks like double sided tape was used. If you were to just push it back how does it look? Did something interfear with this trim and do this? Like an alighnment issue with the door?
If so, Tesla should fix for free. Period!
It is indeed being held up by tape. I pushed it back, but it doesn't adhere well. Like worn out tape. Good point about the alignment issue potentially being the root cause. Could well be. Thank you!

Reactions: BonB
Couple things I found after delivery. The front signal lamps are loose, the left more than the right. The gaskets along the inside of the front edge of the front doors is mostly not sticking to the door. I’ll bring these up when the car goes in for the airbag recall.

Couple things I found after delivery. The front signal lamps are loose, the left more than the right. The gaskets along the inside of the front edge of the front doors is mostly not sticking to the door. I’ll bring these up when the car goes in for the airbag recall.
You might have just saved yourself having a noise over bumps, good find.. How many people shake there lamps outside of the privacy of their own homes?

Thanks for sharing; do you have photos of these? Just curious

"How many people shake there lamps outside of the privacy of their own homes?"
This is the one I want photos! ;-)
Speaking of shaking lamps, is anyone's side cameras (on the front quarter panel) somewhat loose? Mine rattle if you shake them. Tyson's Tesla says it's "within factory spec" which seems to be their motto for, we don't want to deal with problems like these. They have a similar reaction to the hood alignment which seems to be off on every Model X refresh i've looked at.

On another note, I'm still battling on the paint bubble. They argued it does not impact the vehicle. I was floored.

Attachments

• 0F0B0A4B-5A1F-418D-8914-AF2FBFC17F32.jpeg
    0F0B0A4B-5A1F-418D-8914-AF2FBFC17F32.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 170
Speaking of shaking lamps, is anyone's side cameras (on the front quarter panel) somewhat loose? Mine rattle if you shake them. Tyson's Tesla says it's "within factory spec" which seems to be their motto for, we don't want to deal with problems like these. They have a similar reaction to the hood alignment which seems to be off on every Model X refresh i've looked at.

On another note, I'm still battling on the paint bubble. They argued it does not impact the vehicle. I was floored.
You must demand a written explanation of what is the factory specification of the mounting dimentions of the item in question, both the recepticle and the item itself. Ask them what is their reference point for this so called, "factory spec".
In writting!

Reactions: Neewbs
You must demand a written explanation of what is the factory specification of the mounting dimentions of the item in question, both the recepticle and the item itself. Ask them what is their reference point for this so called, "factory spec".
In writting!
Did not mean to be overly assertive on this issue, but to hear of the many irresponsable responses by Tesla to their customers is irritating and must be met with a response asking them to back up their claim of the issue being, "within spec" THEN SHOW ME!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: msjodilynn1
Got our model X plaid in June.
Got some minor issues:
1.Rt rear 3rd row vent no air flow.
2. Tear/hole on driver’s cushion upon delivery.
3.scratch on from driver’s rim.
4.hard to close frunk
5.2nd row rt side rattle on falcon wing near speaker.

All issues were fixed except for driver’s seat cushion. Need to reschedule appointment due to parts not available. It needs to be replaced.

• Helpful
Reactions: bobusn
Is it normal for the air flow out of the driver/psgr seat to be *extremely* faint, like, just perceptible on the highest setting?
Do you mean the feeling of the air? I would say on high it's somewhat noticeable. But the Medium and Low settings feel very faint. However, I feel like the airflow is a little loud. Almost sounds like a white noise machine when air is coming out of the chairs. Is that the same for you or anyone else?

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I picked up my Model X 7-seater LR late last month. Couple of things I noticed:

- MCU makes an electronic/fan noise all the time, even when the car is parked/powered off from reset/not charging.
- Rear display, YouTube doesn't really work right. Some of the buttons don't even work or respond, like the search button.
- The cooled seats seem a little loud for the amount of air you get. Almost sounds like a white noise machine. I've been in a Rivian with cooled seats, was way quieter.
- For the left steering wheel scroll button. When I scroll up or down to adjust the volume, the screen will show the same volume level unless I scroll twice up/down. Also, when I want to go next/skip for the music it sometimes thinks I'm pressing down (activating pause instead). I have a model 3, and I never have this issue in that car.
- Sometimes I hear creaking noises at the top of the windshield (where the plastic tube is to hide front camera wiring) after it's been parked in the hot sun for a while.
- I'm having an issue installing 2022.20.6 keeps getting stuck downloading around 50-60%.

Also, I see some people talk about aero wheel covers for the Model X. I have the stock 20". I thought the X doesn't have aero covers? Or am I missing something?

Is it normal for the air flow out of the driver/psgr seat to be *extremely* faint, like, just perceptible on the highest setting?
I only really feel the coolness of the air in the seat if the ac is turned down several degrees from ambient. I don’t feel airflow, just coolness. Nevertheless it does seem to help with feeling cooler.

Yes, I can easily hear the seat fans if no other things in the car are making noise, but otherwise don’t notice it.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I only really feel the coolness of the air in the seat if the ac is turned down several degrees from ambient. I don’t feel airflow, just coolness. Nevertheless it does seem to help with feeling cooler.

Yes, I can easily hear the seat fans if no other things in the car are making noise, but otherwise don’t notice it.
I didn’t particularly notice the noise @MaverickX was mentioning.

No question the seat ventilation helps. I would like if Tesla could boost the airflow with a software update though! 🙏🏻☺️