Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After flipping back and forth on Tesla's website, the X vs Y interior pictures, I can see why the Y's white dash layout could be seen on my test ride. The X's white dash is further down on the dash vs the Y's. So, as you say there is more to be seen on top of the X's dash to reflect on the windshield..
I'm confused. I have a white interior but my dash, including the speaker grill, is all black. I've not had any issues with reflections off the speaker grill. When they prepped your car, did they put some sort of detailing spray on the dash? If so, that might be causing the issue.

After flipping back and forth on Tesla's website, the X vs Y interior pictures, I can see why the Y's white dash layout could be seen on my test ride. The X's white dash is further down on the dash vs the Y's. So, as you say there is more to be seen on top of the X's dash to reflect on the windshield..
This is what I’m talking about, took a picture just for you :) Zoom in on the windshield you will see

Attachments

• 7AC6EFCB-A556-4625-9A6A-4CCDBDF1DD6C.jpeg
    7AC6EFCB-A556-4625-9A6A-4CCDBDF1DD6C.jpeg
    693.2 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: msjodilynn1
Took fam to Uni Studios 3hr drive totally awesome.
Couple things
“Hood unlatched” major massive red warning suddenly randomly while on highway at 70mph after about an hour of driving. Very scary though nothing happened. Turns out one of the kids had closed the frunk so it may not have been fully latched. Pulled over, it was cracked open half an inch; closed fully, no issues after. In future must check if kids close frunk.

Used valet & valet mode, got two hours charge “free“
Could see valet pulling out and valet mode didn’t seem to be limiting the acceleration much but I don’t mind he had a bit of fun driving it 200 ft. ☺️ They didn’t drive it during the day (I checked repeatedly).

However, after I turned OFF valet mode, I discovered to my chagrin that my home and work address was absent, as of Valet mode cleared the memory! Ugh had to put them back in, and a few other little things very pesky.

Supercharging at 250kW is stupid fast

Overall awesome experience

Took fam to Uni Studios 3hr drive totally awesome.
Couple things
“Hood unlatched” major massive red warning suddenly randomly while on highway at 70mph after about an hour of driving. Very scary though nothing happened. Turns out one of the kids had closed the frunk so it may not have been fully latched. Pulled over, it was cracked open half an inch; closed fully, no issues after. In future must check if kids close frunk.

Used valet & valet mode, got two hours charge “free“
Could see valet pulling out and valet mode didn’t seem to be limiting the acceleration much but I don’t mind he had a bit of fun driving it 200 ft. ☺️ They didn’t drive it during the day (I checked repeatedly).

However, after I turned OFF valet mode, I discovered to my chagrin that my home and work address was absent, as of Valet mode cleared the memory! Ugh had to put them back in, and a few other little things very pesky.

Supercharging at 250kW is stupid fast

Overall awesome experience
Wow, you actually valet'd your brand new Model X? That is impressive. Not me. Lol

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Yeah and oh that reminds me
My key cards don’t work
I had to remote unlock and start it for them
Did you set them up? The key cards are dead until you pair them to the car, as are the key fobs. Your smartphone is the primary key. I drove away from my delivery appointment with only my phone operating as a key. I set the cards and fobs up at home. The process is a little convoluted. I think the process actually works fine, but the instructions could be expanded and improved upon.

The key cards are dead until you pair them to the car, as are the key fobs. Your smartphone is the primary key. I drove away from my delivery appointment with only my phone operating as a key.
That isn't how it works... The cards are the primary keys, and are necessary to setup the phone key... (At least from my experience and the instructions.)

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
That isn't how it works... The cards are the primary keys, and are necessary to setup the phone key... (At least from my experience and the instructions.)
I don't know. I did a factory reset on my car this morning (last ditch attempt to get a software update to finish downloading; didn't help). When the car came back up, the only key registered automatically was my iPhone. I had to re-pair all the cards and fobs after the reset. Also as I mentioned before, leaving the delivery appointment, the only key that worked was my iPhone.

After the reset, GPS still thinks the car is in California. Hopefully it come back home soon.

This is what I’m talking about, took a picture just for you :) Zoom in on the windshield you will see

I have an older Model X75D, driving into the office today I noticed the same glare on the windshield from the speaker shield. Much like prior posts, Polarized sunglasses eliminate this glare entirely from the windshield (but does highlight it not being properly cleaned from production)

Being a first time owner, I can say the new Model X is leaps and bounds above the old model X. Driving dynamic is vastly improved. This "training tesla" will be good for my wife to get used to the car with the comforts of knobs and stalks.

Guessing, the 12v battery is dead. Same symptoms as with any other Tesla with a dead 12v battery. A few 3's and Y's reported this recently.
I hope that the 12V is all it is. This happened to my then 2018 M3 just a few months in. It’s just puzzling that this tends to happen to new cars more. After all these years, one would have thought that Tesla would have figured things out.

I hope that the 12V is all it is. This happened to my then 2018 M3 just a few months in. It’s just puzzling that this tends to happen to new cars more. After all these years, one would have thought that Tesla would have figured things out.
Yikes

Along the lines of weird issues with new cars, both our Model Y and now the Model X charge ports have been attacked/swarmed by tiny ants. The ants, from what I’ve read, are attracted to the heat.

On the Model Y, and now the X, I carefully applied a quality insecticide to the charge port area. Worked 100% on the Y. We’ll see about the X.

Edit: ants swarming electronics apparently can result in electrical shortages. So it’s a real potential issue, and reminds me of the whole rodent eating the wiring thing some have reported (may be a reason to put rodent baits around your campsite if you ever go Tesla camping) 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Last edited:
Actually they did. The low voltage system is completely different, now based on a higher voltage Lithium battery, 15.4 volts is the new normal.